The Wave Cannon is a high-gain dynamic distortion pedal. It reacts and responds to your playing in the same way that a valve amp would and gives you fat American style distortion.
The toggle switch will take you from standard overdrive/distortion, even touching on fuzz with a normal EQ band to a bass rich chug machine. So when you flip form left to right you will immediately notice an increase in low-end response and general chug.
The havoc mode will take the pedal into self-oscillation for amazing sustain and feedback which you can use in guitar solos, to end a good old rock song or combine with delays and reverbs for otherworldly effects.
- Volume (Top Left): The volume knob controls the overall output level.
- Gain (Top Right): The gain knob controls the amount of distortion.
- Focus (Bottom Left): The focus knob scoops, flattens, or boosts the midrange frequencies.
- Tone (Bottom Right): The tone knob makes the output brighter or darker.
- Rumble (Small Middle Switch): The rumble switch increases the amount of bass available in the circuit, and is especially useful at lower gain settings. Flipping this switch may cut your signal momentarily; this is perfectly normal.
- Havoc (Bottom Right Footswitch): The havoc mode is controlled with a momentary footswitch, hold it down to create unpredictable noises. For Havoc to work, the Wave Cannon has to "see" the guitar as either the very first pedal in your chain, or prefaced by true-bypass, non-buffered effect pedals that are turned off. Tune the craziness with the other controls on the pedal or the controls on your guitar.
- Bypass (Bottom Left Footswitch): The bypass footswitch is the on/off switch for the pedal.
Here's what Caroline say about the Wave Canon
So, what IS the story on Wave Cannon® version 2.0, or as we’ve decided to call it, the Wave Cannon MKII Superdistorter? The long story short is that this thing is an unrepentant, unapologetic distortion pedal that is totally nasty and fun. This Cannon comes pre-loaded with balls (pun alert!) and is capable of going from cranked, lightly dirty amp tones to the sound of a furry Godzilla devouring a junkyard full of broken a/c window units.
It’s different than the original, which was based on the classic ’70s fuzzstortions we grew up playing. It’s different from our Haymaker™, which is a wide range drive pedal based around the rotation of a clipping network into different locations in the circuit, and which is intended to respond and feel like an extension of your amp. This pedal is really about rocking your socks off. While it can do some extremely cool mild-to-medium crunch tones, Wave Cannon II is really capable of overwhelming your amp. The focus (mids) and tone controls are different from what we’ve done before and can give you a really broad range of textures and voicings. There is a LOT of gain and volume on tap, as we’d been infuriated in the past by great sounding classic distortion pedals we’ve owned that didn’t go far enough with clean amps, or were quieter than unity gain or the bypass signal. The rumble switch allows more low end if you want it, or lets you tighten things up if you don’t need it.
- True Bypass
- 9V DC Operation
- Super Hot Distortion Sounds
- Mid Scoop Shaping Options
- Rumble Switch for Added Low End
- Havoc Switch for Unpredictable Noises
- Hand Built in Columbia, South Carolina