Aston Microphones pride themselves on being a British brand; both designing and building high quality, hand crafted and affordable microphones in the UK.
Everything from first design to final assembly is done in this country. Each mic is handmade by a team of some of the finest engineers and craftsmen in Britain. They're meticulously developed by a team of British engineers with the help and advice from over 30 UK Music industry professionals. Instead of just recreating the tried and tested designs seen on many of todays mics, Aston dare to go against the norm. They push the boundaries of technology and aesthetics to create something completely new from the ground-up.
The results are visually stunning. The Origin Mic may look like a piece of modern art, however visuals are only part of the story. Each element has been carefully produced to create better performance, better durability and better usability.
The Origin is a high performance cardioid condenser microphone using a 1" gold evaporated capsule. It's a workhorse mic that you could stick in front of most instruments. However, it particularly excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. It's built with some of the best components that are usually reserved for expensive boutique microphones.
The result is a direct, smooth and intimate sound that's the perfect recipe for a natural and transparent recording.
Waveform Mesh Head
One of the most striking features of the Origin is it's waveform mesh head. This shock resistant band offers unprecedented protection to your microphones delicate capsule and components. Mesh heads have always been the first line of defence for your mic, but a heavy knock will usually leave an unsightly disfigurement on the mesh itself. With the waveform mesh, the head will distort to absorb the energy from a heavy knock, but will easily return to its normal position, without any damage at all.
Built-in Pop Filter
Aston Microphones also feature a built in pop filter that's better than most filters on the market. Its random weave allows your vocals to pass unhindered, whilst stopping plosives dead in their tracks. It also shields against electromagnetic radiation.
The other great thing about having a filter integrated into your mic is that it offers automatic protection from the outside world. A stainless steel mesh cage protects against unwanted moisture, grime and dust, and can even be removed from the mic and washed. This ensures your mic will be clean, fresh and will last a very long time!
In-built shock absorption
Each element inside the Origin has been designed with it's own shock absorbing architecture, meaning that the mic is inherently much more resistant to any minor knocks and bumps that could get into your recordings. Aston are so confident that they put a direct stand mount on the base of the mic; you don't need any sort of mic clip or external shock mount. Of course you can still use a shock mount if you feel more confident using one.
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills; just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Input Noise: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 138dB
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Pad Switch: -10dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation