Here's What Ashdown Say About the AGM-5C
Perfect for practice, recording or small to club gigs the 5C has just one EL84 and one ECC83 making this a pure class A amplifier. A Belton digital reverb provides lush space around the sound when required, housed in a lightweight plywood cabinet and fitted with a Celestion Creamback G12-M 65 speaker. The 5C provides full bodied guitar tones at volume levels that won’t disturb the neighbours.
- Single channel Pre amplifier with Genuine Accutronics reverb block
- 1 x JJ Electronics ECC83s preamplifier tube
- Bass, middle, treble and controls
- Master volume control
- Stealth switch reduces overall volume to 1 watt and activates Speaker Tone compensation for studio use
- Series effects loop
- Aux input for backing tracks, MP3 etc.
- Speaker switch for silent made recording ( activates headphone output )
- Recording out socket- filtered to simulate the response of a Celestion Alnico speaker
- Headphone output
- Up to 5 Watts output from 1 x JJ Electronics EL84 valve
- 16 Ohm speaker output for use with a different speaker cabinet
- Premium plywood lightweight cabinet
- Premium Celestion Creamback G12-M 65 speaker
- Classic Ashdown VU meter for output monitoring
Here's What Ashdown Say About the AGM Range
Ashdown Engineering was founded in 1997 and has a rich heritage in both bass and guitar amplification producing amplifiers known around the world for their great looks, fantastic tone and ruggedly reliable designs and construction.
The all new AGM(Ashdown Guitar Magnifier) range marks a return to premium guitar amplification in 2019. Designed in conjunction with renowned British valve guru Dave Green the AGM range has been carefully considered, designed and constructed for the modern world where portability, low power options and real valve tones are paramount.
Dave Green explains: “Anything I have had a hand in is designed from the outset to repairable should the need ever arise, as with the bass amplifiers the products are built from discrete components with almost all the active components socket mounted for an easy fix. In the case of the AGM range just take a moment to look inside… all the parts are hand picked from the best manufacturers, all key components are over specified military grade to enable them to perform for a design life of over 15 years. I believe consumers still aspire to purchase top quality long lasting products with a high residual resale value. Quality never goes out of fashion but it does have to be affordable and the AGM range manages to combine these two conflicting requirements effectively.”