Here's what Apogee have to say about the MiC Plus:
A significant upgrade to the Apogee MiC product family first introduced in 2011, MiC Plus features an entirely new design with improved sound quality, dynamic range and built-in headphone output for latency-free monitoring while recording on any device.
MiC Plus’ professional-quality cardioid capsule, high sensitivity and ample gain give it a sound that is similar to a top studio condenser microphone going through a high-end mic preamp. Your listeners will never know that you are recording with a portable USB microphone.
MiC Plus is small enough to fit in your pocket and connects to iOS devices or your laptop, making it ideal for recording on the go.
With MiC Plus, there’s no complicated setup. Just connect to your computer or iOS device, select MiC Plus as your audio interface and record in your favourite app. MiC Plus includes 3 cables for effortless connection directly to Lightning/iOS, USB-C or USB (Type A) devices.
- Professional cardioid condenser microphone capsule
- Made for iPad, iPhone, Mac and Windows 10 PC
- Includes 3 cables: Lightning, USB (Type-C) and USB (Type-A)
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality up to 24-bit / 96kHz
- 46dB of mic preamp gain, digitally controlled for greater precision
- Powerful headphone output with Blend feature for zero latency monitoring
- No configuration required, just plug in and record
- Made in the U.S.A.