Antelope Audio Edge Quadro Large Dual Capsule Dual Diaphragm Stereo Condenser Modelling Microphone
OUT OF STOCK
This item is out of stock. We can special order this item from our supplier.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 1657 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
We are unfortunately unable to ship Antelope Audio products to South Korea at this time.
Here’s what Antelope say:
Mic Modelling in Three Dimensions!
Edge Quadro is the most advanced modeling microphone by Antelope Audio. This stereo mic features two large dual-membrane capsules and a rotating head.
Delivering four channels for independent processing will allow for stereo techniques like M/S, X/Y, Blumlein, and even 3D sound. Edge Quadro is the only microphone you’ll need for stereo and 360-degree sound recording.
- Dual capsule dual membrane condenser - Two capsules perfectly aligned to eliminate any phase related problems made of 6-micron gold-sputtered dual-membranes each.
- Rotatable head - Top head can be rotated at any angle even while recording so you can monitor any possibility for capturing your source.
- Individual emulation and polar pattern for each head - Achieve anything from M/S, X/Y, Blumlein and 360 recording with a total of 18 emulations!
An Epic Mic Emulation Library
Edge Quadro boasts an extensive and ever-expanding library of classic mic emulations, with 11 legendary microphone models already available and 7 more soon to be released. The smart control panel allows users to pick two different mic emulations simultaneously, one for each head of the microphone.
Experiment Like Never Before
The Edge Quadro heads offer next-level precision and adjustability. The upper head can be rotated noiselessly, even while the microphone is actively recording. Each Quadro head can also function in all possible polar patterns (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional and anything in between).
These features combine to deliver virtually limitless variations in tonality and stereo images and enable a wide range of creative effects.
The Edge emulations are designed to work hand-in-hand with Antelope’s own precision mic preamps and converters. For maximum accuracy, Edge Quadro can be used with any of Antelope Audio’s mic preamp-equipped interfaces, whose built-in FPGA processing capabilities allow real-time vintage mic emulation.
However, Edge Quadro also includes Antelope’s native mic emulation plug-ins, meaning you can use any third-party audio interface and even change modeling settings after recording. Available in VST, AU and AAX formats for both macOS and Windows, Antelope’s native AFX plug-ins* provide everything we’ve come to expect from their industry-leading FPGA FX, with minimal latency, a high degree of oversampling and precise floating-point calculations.
- Microphone type: Quadrosonic condenser microphone
- Diaphragms: Two large condenser capsules with double-sided 6u-gold sputtered membranes. Top head is fully rotatable.
- Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
- Polar pattern:
- Multi-pattern (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional, Blumlein, M/S, X/Y)
- XY-stereo – set both capsules to Cardioid, offset 90°
- Mid-side stereo – set the top capsule to Cardioid, and the bottom capsule to figure-8
- Blumlein – Set both capsules to Figure-8, offset 90°
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Frequency response: 20HZ ~ 20kHZ
- Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 48V DC phantom power
- Output connector: 5-pin male XLR
- Dimensions: 11,9″ x 2,1″ (303mm x 53mm)
- Weight: 1.697 lbs (770 grams)
In the box
- Breakout cable: Two 16.4′ (5 meters) 5-pin female XLR to dual 3-pin male XLR (high grade oxygen-free copper Y-cable)
- Mount: Custom luxury shock absorber type
- Case: Custom handmade wooden case
- Antelope Audio
- Capsule Type
- Polar Pattern
- MultiCardioidFigure 8OmniXY
- Trade Doubler Group ID
- Includes Shockmount
- Diaphragm Size
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable