The new TightRock™ Distortion pedal bridges the gap between two very popular Amptweaker™ pedals, the TightMetal™ and TightDrive™. Its tone is not quite as heavy sounding as the TightMetal, but the gain range is much higher than the TightDrive. The pedal includes EQ and Gain Boost switches, and has a built-in noise gate that automatically tracks the gain control. The Tight control, a mainstay of Amptweaker pedals, varies the pick attack from smooth and thick to tight and aggressive so you get the attack that works with your guitar and picking style.
The EQ switch converts the tone from the TightDrive EQ to a new PlexEQ which gives the pedal the classic vintage stack tones....more edge, a little less mids, and the classic 412 bottom. The Gain Boost switch modifies the gain from a classic distortion sound to a very modern amount of gain, but doesn't color the sound of your amp as much as the TightMetal. With the Gain Boost and EQ turned off the pedal can be used to overdrive an already distorted amp or pedal, without changing the character very much. The TightMetal noise gate has also been retweaked to make it smoother, to allow it to work better for solos.
A new cool Amptweaker feature is the SideTrak™ effects loop.Several consumer requests led to this extra effects loop that turns OFF when the pedal is ON. Since the TightRock makes such a good ‘solo’ pedal, it’s the perfect pedal to introduce this unique idea.
It can be used to add a compressor, chorus or chain of effects that only works when you play clean, or to switch to another distortion pedal to use for the rhythm sound...all without having to hit more than one switch....it’s like having a built-in A/B box. A green LED alternates with the normal red one to indicate that the loop is active when the pedal is bypassed.
- True Bypass switch
- Tight Attack Control
- Gain, Tone, & Volume Controls
- Noise Gate with auto threshold based on gain
- EQ switch with PlexEQ setting
- Gain Boost switch
- EFX Loop with Pre/Post switch..tracks On/Off Ftsw
- SideTrak™ EFX loop that works when pedal is bypassed!
- LED lit knobs when using a power supply
- Battery disconnect switch with red indicator
- Current: 12mA with 9V battery, 28mA with 9V adapter
- Works with 9V-18V supplies–like 'variacing' your amp up and down
- DC Adapter jack, standard 2.1mm X 5.5mm, center ground(-)
- Magnetic Battery access door opens w/o tools
- Handmade in the USA