The Akai LPK25 Laptop Keyboard Controller is a genius piece of kit. Whenever and wherever inspiration strikes, you can pop the LPK25 out of your bag and be making music with virtually any audio software in seconds. The LPK25 is small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag so portability is definitely a plus feature. In a nutshell its a USB-MIDI controller with 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys and an arpeggiator for automatically stepping through the notes of a chord in sequence. There's a sustain button, octave up and down controls, tap tempo, and four programmable memory banks for comprehensive control.
Looking for an easy to use, portable USB/MIDI controller? Look no further!
Akai Professional MPC Beats
Akai Professional are now offering that classic MPC beat-making workflow in a software format. Introducing MPC Beats! With both Simple and Advanced modes, MPC Beats has features to satisfy both beginner and experienced beat producers. The accessible interface, streamlined Simple mode, and the included templates make MPC Beats a great starting point for those looking to get into making beats. More experienced users will enjoy the over 80 audio FX plugins for warping, manipulating, and transforming audio, as well as the VST/AU compatibility for using third-party virtual instruments and audio plugins. You also get two stereo tracks for recording instruments or vocals.
MPC Beats comes free with this controller but is also free to download and use with any class-compliant USB MIDI controller regardless of brand. You can also expand the sample library in MPC Beats by purchasing expansion packs from premier sound designers.
- USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys
- Arpeggiator, sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Four programmable memory banks
- Send note information or program changes from keys
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered – no additional power cable needed
- No drivers required
- LPK25 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Software CD