Blackstar Dept. 10 Valve-Powered Boost Pedal
Featuring ECC83 Preamp Tube & 2-Band EQ
Blackstar labels its Dept. 10 stompboxes as "the world’s most advanced valve pedals", by combining traditional high-voltage design with their latest technology. A bold claim indeed, but when you hear one of these in action — it's hard to disagree! All equipped with an ECC83 (12AX7) preamp tube, these incredible units deliver the organic dynamics, tone and break-up of a real valve amp from a compact chassis that integrates easily into any setup.
This is the ultimate high-voltage valve boost pedal. Combining a Class A gain stage and natural-sounding passive James-Baxandall EQ, this class-leading pedal is like adding two extra-hot valve stages to your amp!
- Driven by an ECC83 triode valve running at more than 200V internally; allowing the pedal to provide organic tone, huge dynamics and exquisite break-up.
- James-Baxandall 2-band EQ gives you flexible control over the lows and highs, letting you tailor the pedal to any amplifier.
- Built-in buffer/line-driver is perfect for preserving your tone when using long cables, or large pedalboards, even driving low impedance pedals like wahs.
- Compact design, running at 9V for compatibility with most pedal power supplies with a 500mA output. Dedicated PSU is included with the pedal for standalone use.
What is Blackstar's Dept. 10?
Dept. 10 is the Blackstar R&D team responsible for "blue sky" innovation and design. This team of engineers are all musicians and are constantly researching new ideas to help create the perfect guitar tones!
- Valve: ECC83 (12AX7)
- EQ: James Baxandall (Low, High)
- Footswitches: 1
- Voltage: 9V
- Current Draw: 500mA
Trusted Customer25th Jan 2022
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+