The Wasp Deluxe is Behringer's take on the early digital synthesiser of the same name. The original was known for being one of the early adopters of digital technology, and Behringer have followed suit. Dual digital variable oscillators, authentic circuitry, a flexible LFO, noise generator - the tried and tested Behringer desktop formula. Make no mistake, this thing has a real sting to it!
- Legendary hybrid synthesizer with dual digital OSC design allows for insanely fat music creation
- Authentic reproduction of original “Wasp Deluxe” circuitry
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCF and VCA designs
- 3 variable oscillator shapes with pulse / ramp and enhanced mode for ultimate sounds
- Multi-mode VCF with Lo, Hi, Band and Notch modes
- Flexible LFO with 6 waveform shapes including noise and S&H with frequency and pitch modulation control
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Complete Eurorack solution – main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case
- 29 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- Designed and engineered in the UK
Affordable Desktop Synth
Behringer have made a name for themselves in recent years by making desktop synthesisers accessible to the masses. The Wasp is one of the most coveted of the bunch, an instantly recognisable relic from the early days of digital synth experimentation.
It's no wonder, then, that Behringer have produced this delightful homage with an attractive price tag. Dual digital oscillators that cover 5 octaves and 3 waveforms (sawtooth, square and enhanced) offer tones that range from chunky to screaming. Bass, lead lines, noisy textures - the works.
Behringer have updated the Wasp Deluxe interface with more hands-on control and additional features to bring it up to speed. 29 control knobs, to be precise. Total MIDI and USB connectivity means that it can be easily incorporated into your existing setup, DAW or not.
A flexible LFO gives you 6 waveforms to play with, from sine wave to random. A noise generator can be mixed into any of your patches for extra fizz or percussive sound design. A 3-type variable VCF can be combined with a VCA envelope to give your leads and baselines movement and wobble. A brilliantly authentic, accessible and downright inspiring synthesiser, the Wasp Deluxe will be at home in any setup!