Here's what Behringer say about the TD-3:
Great care has been taken in engineering the TD-3-SR, including the true to the original VCO, VCF and VCA designs and pure analog circuitry with matched transistors. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives TD-3-SR its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects – all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Rock Right out-of-the Box
Your TD-3-SR comes ready to rock, thanks to its default signal routing that doesn’t require lifting a single patch cable to instantly create amazing sounds. The highly-intuitive layout lets you easily tap into the inspired sounds of 1980s and ’90s progressive rock, wave, EDM and synth-pop music tracks that made rock and roll history – or to design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
The very heart of TD-3-SR’s sound is its versatile 24 dB/octave filter, which lets you freely experiment with the low-pass Cutoff frequency and Resonance settings to dial in the perfect sound.
TD-3-SR’s authentic Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) with transistor wave-shaping circuitry is ultra-easy to use and provides your choice of reverse-sawtooth or pulse waveforms for the ultimate in sound creation.
Onboard Sequencer & Arpeggiator
The onboard sequencer with 7 tracks allows you to program up to 16 steps of notes and rests and save them as a Pattern. You can record, save and recall up to 250 patterns, all of which can be stored in the 4 Groups. Your sequences can be played either in Keyboard mode, where you create and store the pattern, or Step mode which allows you to interact while composing a pattern. The onboard Arpeggiator features wide patterns you can build to provide a virtually-endless array of sound effects. Both the sequencer and arpeggiator in the TD-3-SR are fun, mesmerizing and totally addictive...
Kick it Into Distortion!
16-Note Poly Chain Ready
Controls & Connectivity
We just can’t help ourselves – like you, we're gear-heads, too. For those who want the numbers, TD-3-SR has 11 controls and 28 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the joy back into your music creation. And you can expand TD-3-SR’s tone-sculpting capabilities beyond your wildest dreams by utilizing the multi-I/O patchbay to connect external devices!
- Amazing Bass Line synthesizer with true analog circuitry for bass and groove sounds
- Authentic reproduction of original circuitry with matched transistors
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- Sawtooth and square waveform VCO with transistor wave-shaping circuitry
- Amazing 4-pole low-pass resonant filter with cut-off, resonance, envelope, decay and accent controls
- Easy-to-use 16-step sequencer with 7 tracks, each with 250 user patterns
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Distortion circuitry modeled after the DS-1 adds insane spice and edge to your sounds
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- 11 controls and 28 switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- MIDI and USB implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection