Second Hand Items Disclaimer
Second Hand gear is often subject to some wear depending on age and how well it was looked after. Any significant cosmetic damage is shown in the photos so please take the time to look through and make sure you are happy with the condition before buying. Please see below for a description of the condition of this item.Second Hand FAQ
Left Handed Versions Available
Many of Gibson's USA guitars are available in left-handed configurations. If you're a southpaw who's always dreamed of owning a US-made Gibson, please contact us with any enquiries.
This guitar has a few small marks but plays well
PLEASE NOTE: This item is second hand and may not include all accesories. Please contact us for further information.
The LG-2 is a small-bodied acoustic with a big voice and a lot of character. Mostly due its Spruce top and mahogany back and sides which gives it a bright top end with a lot of mid-range clarity.
The body is slightly smaller than most acoustics which makes it great for softer players (less air to move inside the body of the guitar means less energy is needed to get sound out of it) and fingerpickers who will love the top end bite.
But you can still get great strumming sounds from it for a slightly more focused sound than you would from a jumbo.
Gibson have teamed up with LR Baggs to provide you with an awesome, easy-to-use pickup system for 2017. This guitar has a Element VTC which is a piezo-style pickup that delivers a full,warm sound with using an internal microphone.
Improved Fit and Finish
One big focus for Gibson in 2016 was making sure that the fit and finish are as clean as possible so you have the best experience possible. As part of this they are not only using a new sandpaper and polishing compounds for the best finish but they have also modified some of the neck dimensions.
By smoothing out the fretboard edge it will feel a lot more natural in your hands even when you are going for weird and wonderful chord shapes. Finally they have also started using Plek technology which makes sure the frets are nothing short of perfect giving you the best playing experience.
Here's What Gibson Say
This little giant produces a charming and seductive tone that rivals much larger-bodied guitars while maintaining exceptional clarity and focus in individual notes. Ideal for folk, blues and finger style, the delicately balanced LG-2 maintains a full-dynamic range in a compact package. Handcrafted solid tone wood and scalloped top bracing provide the warmth and richness that have made spruce and mahogany a classic combination in acoustic flat-top guitars.
- Tonewood: The LG-2 American Eagle is handcrafted using the classic tonewoods of Sitka spruce and mahogany
- Tuners: The headstock is crowned with modern Mini Grover tuners
- Rosette: The hand bound rosette is made of multi-ply double ring trim for a beautiful traditional look
- Pickguard: Traditional tear drop tortoise pickguard
- Pickup: LR Baggs™ Element VTC for ultimate plug and play ease.
- Improved Feel: Fingerboard edge is softened to comfortably fit the contour of the player's hand.
- Enhanced Finish: Finer grit sandpaper and polishing compounds for high gloss finish.
- Premium Setup: Utilizing state-of-the-art German engineered Plek technology to create the finest playing surface possible. Hand finished for the world's finest feel and playability.
- Smoother hand rubbed and oiled fingerboard and bridges: New penetrating and finishing oil last longer and maximizes woods natural vibrancy.
- Average Weight (body only): .866kg / 1.909lb
- Glue: Franklin Titebond 50
- Tonal, Resonant, and/or Technical Effect: Radiused top with scalloped bracing for projection and resonance
- Carve: Radiused
- Wood Species: Sitka Spruce
- Pieces: 2
- Grade: AA
- Binding: 4 ply top
- Wood Species: Mahogany
- Pieces: 2
- Binding: 1 ply
- Wood Species: Mahogany
- Pieces: 1
- Truss Rod: Single Action
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Thickness at Fret 1: 2.04cm / .803"
- Other Materials: Franklin Titebond 50, hot hide glue neck joint
- Average Weight: 408.23 gr / 14.4 oz
- Type: AJ
- Logo: Block Decal
- Headstock Angle: 17 degrees
- Tonal, Resonant, and/or Technical Effect: Compound Dovetail neck joint for resonance distribution throughout guitar
- Joint Angle: 3 degrees
- Type: Compound Dovetail
- Adhesive: Hot hide glue
- Gauges Used:
- Short Scale Pitch Gauge
- Material: Tusq
- Width: 4.38 cm / 1.725"
- E: .053 String Gauge
- A: .043
- D: .032
- G: .024
- B: .016
- e: .012
- Wood Species: Rosewood
- Pieces: 1
- Radius: 30.48 cm / 12 "
- Frets: 19
- Nut/End of Board: 4.38 cm / 1.725" @ nut, 5.70cm / 2.245" @ end of board
- Scale: 62.865cm / 24.75"
- Side Dots (Color): White
- Style: Dots
- Material: Mother of Pearl
- Average Weight: 0.11kg / 0.25lb
- Color Code: AN
- Surface Texture: Smooth/ Hi Gloss 90 Sheen Lacquer
- Filler: Rosewood
- Sealer: 1-1.5 mils
- Top Coat: Hi Gloss Lacquer/ 90 Sheen 7-8 mils
- Scraped: Fingerboard Sides and Nut
- Style: Mini Nickel Grover Rotomatics
- Weight: 46.72 gr / 1.648 oz
Tuning Keys Details
- Tuning Ratio: 14:1
- Plating specs: Nickel
- Part numbers: 140-130-610
- E: 0.053
- A: 0.042
- D: 0.032
- G: 0.024
- B: 0.016
- e: 0.012
- Style: Belly up traditional
- Material: Rosewood with Tusq saddle
- Part number: 140-120-915, 140-130-866
- Weight: 22g / .8 oz
- Style: Hard Shell
- Color: Black
- Manual: Gibson Acoustic Owner's Manual
- COA/Other: None