EBS Stanley Clarke Acoustic Preamp Pedal
Order now for delivery to you on Mon 22nd Aug 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 349 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Here's What EBS Say About the Stanley Clarke Acoustic Preamp Pedal
The EBS Stanley Clarke Signature Acoustic Preamp. Amplifying an acoustic instrument - like an upright bass - is challenging. With superior sound quality, powerful filters, and essential features, this pedal is the perfect tool to deal with all these challenges.
Designed by EBS and Stanley Clarke
The Stanley Clarke Signature Acoustic Preamp is a 2-channel preamp, built exclusively with premium components. It is engineered and designed by EBS together with the legendary bass player and composer Stanley Clarke.
Professional grade signal level
Since the preamp operates at a signal level equal to professional mixing consoles it provides a huge amount of headroom. The superior signal quality makes it suitable to use as a preamp in combination with any power amp. The headroom and specific features make it ideal for handling the complex sonic characteristics of an upright bass.
Two channels - with a secret weapon
The A and B channels both feature an input GAIN control and an EQ strip with BASS, MIDS (pick the frequency range with one knob and cut or boost in that range with another) and TREBLE. They both also have a secret weapon, a control knob that can be used either as a HIGH PASS or NOTCH filter. A switch decides the function, while the control knob picks the frequency range. The notch and high pass filters are excellent tools to prevent unwanted feedback and adjust the sound to the characteristics of the room and your instrument.
Individual input options
With 10 Mohms input impedance for both the A and B channels, it handles any instrument with passive, active, or high impedance piezo pickups. The A channel also provides support for Electret pickups when activating a dedicated switch. The B channel allows you to use a 48V Phantom powered (or passive) dynamic or condenser microphone as the source via an XLR-input. Choose whether to use the XLR or 1/4"-input for the B channel with a switch. The preamp lets you jump between the A and B channels to allow for different settings when you play with a bow or pizzicato or mix the two if you use two different input sources. Blending two different sound input sources can sometimes cause a phase issue. If that occurs, a Phase Inverter switch, attached to the A channel, will solve the problem.
Outputs and additional features
Hook up additional effects in serial or parallel through the EFFECTS LOOP (requires a Y-split insert cable). A TUNER OUT lets you plug in an external tuner. A BALANCED XLR-OUTPUT sends a studio-quality line signal to the front-of-house or a recording device. Use it in conjunction with a Speaker Simulator and use the Ground Lift to prevent hum. The Aux Input and professional-grade Headphones output makes practicing and learning new songs easy.
- 2-channel preamp (A/B or A+B)
- Operates with Studio-grade signal quality
- 10 Mohm Impedance inputs (both channels)
- Individual High Pass/Notch Filter for each channel
- XLR microphone-input with 48V Phantom Power (channel B)
- Electret pickup support (channel A)
- Tuner output
- Effects Loop (serial/parallel)
- Balanced Output (with Speaker Simulator and Ground Lift)
- Aux Input and professional-grade headphones output.
Can this pedal be used with other instruments?
Yes, of course. The frequency range of an upright bass is wide and complex, which means most other instruments - acoustic or electric - fits within the range that this pedal covers. Other acoustic instruments benefit from the same specific features that this pedal is equipped with to handle the upright bass. Electric bass players may find the two similar channels an excellent way to make individual EQ settings for two different instruments and make it possible to switch between the two smoothly at a gig.
Stanley's words about his new preamp
"I have been using this new preamp on every show and in the studio since November 2019, when I got the final sample in my hands. It has become a mainstay of my upright bass sound. I think it is absolutely essential for every acoustic bass player to own one of these. The 2-channel preamp allows you to have a completely different setting for bowing and pizzicato at the push of a button. The effects loop, EQ, ¼”, and XLR input, and outputs make it extremely versatile for stage or studio. It even sounds great on the electric bass." - Stanley Clarke, October 2020.
- Input Impedance: 10 Mohms // 22 pF
- Gain: Gain Range -oo/+30 dB Gain Peak LED (ch A = RED, B = yellow) +10 dBv Frequency Response +0/-3 dB 20-20.000 Hz
- Bass Filter: Type Shelving Gain Range +/- 15 dB @ 40 Hz
- Mid Filter: Type Bandpass Filter Gain Range +/- 13 dB Frequency Range 70 - 2500 Hz Q 0.8
- Treble Filter: Type Shelving Gain Range +/- 15 dB @ 10 kHz
- HP Filter: Type 12 dB/octave High Pass Frequency Range 20(off) - 450 Hz
- Notch Filter: Type Bandpass Notch Frequency Range 70 - 2200 Hz Q 7 Attenuation 7 dB (typically)
- Electret Power (Channel A): 5V, 2mA
- Effects Loop: Loop Signal Level -10 dBv (nominal)
- Gain Unity (1:1)
- Output Impedance 2 kohms
- Input Impedance 100 kohms
- Modes Serial or Parallel
- Phones Out: Recommended Imp. 32 - 200 ohms
- Aux Input: Input Impedance 20 kohms
- Nominal Level -10 dBv
- Output: Output Impedance 1 kohms
- Signal Level 0 dBv (nominal)
- Balanced Output: Output Level -20dBv (nominal)
- XLR Connections 1-GND, 2-Hot, 3-Cold Options
- Gnd Lift, SPKR Sim
- Balanced Input (Channel B): Input Level -30dBv (nominal)
- XLR Connections 1-GND, 2-Hot, 3-Cold
- 48V Phantom Yes
- Auxiliary Info: Power Requirements Idle 500mA @9V
- max 800mA @9V (with headphones at max output level)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): max 168 x 124 x 53 mm / 6.6” x 4.9” x 2.1”
- Weight: 660 g (1.5 lbs.)
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable