The DP32SD from Tascam takes the popular DP32 multitrack recorder and changes it around a bit to make it even better value for money. Still loaded up with the same high quality components and tools in the DP32 the DP32SDs main difference is in the fact that it just uses an SD Card rather than CDRW.
This 32 track portable studio gives you everything you need to record a decent sized session without ever having to look at a DAW. With 8 XLR / Line jacks of which one can be changed into an instrument input, stereo RCA and 1/4" outputs as well as 2 unbalanced 1/4" effects send outputs this interface has all of the connections you need in a single unit.
Here's what Tascam say about the DP32SD Portastudio:
The DP-32SD is a home recording Portastudio with 32 tracks based on solid-state technology. The unit is equipped with colour LCD and channel strip controls to make recording simple so the user can stay creative. Up to eight tracks can be recorded at a time on a standard SD/SDHC memory card through its XLR and 6.3-mm combo jacks. Input processing like compression and limiting, an internal send effect with reverb, delay and chorus, guitar amp simulation and multi-effects for use with the instrument-level input as well as an external effects send are available during recording.
For mixdown, the DP-32SD offers 20 channel faders and 12 rotary controls for EQ, Pan and effects including reverb and chorus. During the mastering process, the material can be further optimized with EQ, compression and normalization. Once finished, songs can be transferred to computer over USB to publish the songs on the Internet, for example.
- Recording Media SD (512MB – 2GB) / SDHC card (4GB – 32GB)
- File System SD card:FAT16 / SDHC card:FAT32
- Simultaneous 24-track playback
- 8 mono tracks + 12 stereo tracks
- Simultaneous 8-track recording
- Inputs: 8 XLR/Jack
- Stereo Out
- Monitor Out
- 2 effect send outputs (1/4" TS jack)
- 70mW/ch headphone amplifier
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch
- Power Dedicated AC adapter (TASCAM GPE248-120200-Z, included)
- Power consumption 12W (when phantom power supplying)
- Dimensions 514(W)×100.4(H)×336.9(D)mm / 20.2"(W)×4.1"(H)×13.4""(D)
- Weight 6.2kg / 13.67 lb
- Accessories AC adapter, warranty card, owner's manual