The Electro Harmonix Ravish Sitar is the most full featured sitar simulator guitar pedal to ever hit the market! This outstanding pedal offers unprecedented control over the simulated sound and flexibility at output stage. So what does it actually do? Well the EHX Ravish Sitar takes your guitar and uses what you're playing as the 'lead' which has it's own volume and tone controls separate from the polyphonic 'sympathetic strings' (which also have their own volume/tone and separate jack output) which are pitched to create a harmonic chorus and drone effect that characterises the sound of real sitars. The drone uses one of four scales: Sharp, Major, Minor or Exotic which you can change to suit the song you are playing.
If that's not enough there's a whole bunch of extra features that makes this incredibly controllable so you can nail the exact sound you're after: first off you can step on the left switch and hold to hold the drone for as long as you need (in much the same way as the EHX freeze works).The Ravish Sitar allows you to connect up to two expression pedals: one to control the volume of the drone and another to control the pitch for sitar-like pitch bends.
And if THAT isn't enough how about 9 pre-sets to save all your sounds and quickly switch between them? pukka!
Here's what Electro Harmonix say about the Ravish Sitar
Very few instruments offer as much harmonic and dynamic flexibility as a sitar. Electro-Harmonix has streamlined the essence of the sitar into a compact enclosure that offers a polyphonic lead voice and tunable sympathetic string drones that dynamically react to your playing. Create your own custom scales for the sympathetic strings while you set the decay time for the lead voice. Two expression pedal inputs allow you to bend the pitch of the lead voice and control the volume of the sympathetic strings simultaneously. These unique controls offer the player the ability to program the Ravish to become a totally unique and organic instrument unto itself. The Ravish is a truly new design with the flexibility to be a crossover tonal wonder.
- Transform your electric guitar into a sitar
- Lead sitar voice tracks your notes polyphonically with a wide range of tonal possibilities
- Selectable decay speed for the Lead voice
- Sympathetic string drone simulation with a wide tonal range
- Selectable keys and scales including major, minor and exotic provided for the Sympathetic strings
- Create custom Sympathetic string scales from your guitar
- Ability to choose the Sympathetic key by playing a note on your guitar
- Modulation adds movement to the sympathetic strings
- Bend the pitch of your Lead voice notes using an optional expression pedal
- Control the volume of the Sympathetic drone using an optional expression pedal
- Separate Main Output for all voices plus a secondary Sympathetic Only Output
- Save and recall 9 presets
- 9 Volt power supply provided