Fender’s flagship range just got better, introducing the Fender American Professional II series! The American Professional II Telecaster Deluxe features improved tone thanks to the V-Mod II DoubleTap humbuckers and enhanced playability thanks to refinements to the neck and hardware making an already impressive instrument even better.
With the body Fender have stuck with the tried and tested wood, alder. Why mess with something that’s worked for over 60 years? The neck, however, has seen some refinements over its predecessor. The Deep C profile remains but now with a softer edge to make it even more comfortable in the hand. The neck finish has also been improved with a new “Super-Natural” satin feel to allow your hand to glide up and down the neck with ease. The neck heel has been sculpted for improved upper fret access and there’s a new asymmetrical, bevelled neck plate to match.
The fingerboard has the same great feel thanks to the smooth rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges. The 9.5” fingerboard radius and narrow-tall frets make it a breeze to play chords and string-bends alike.
V-Mod II DoubleTap Humbuckers
The pickups in the American Professional II Tele Deluxe have been improved with new V-Mod II DoubleTap humbuckers. These pickups are more articulate but don’t sacrifice that thick, powerful humbucker sound. The split-coil sounds are full and robust for strong single-coil-style tones for a more traditional Tele sound. From sweet jazz and blues through to punchy, aggressive rock the V-Mod II DoubleTap pickups can handle anything you throw at them.
Versatile and Reliable Hardware
The American Professional II Telecaster Deluxe now features a more traditional Tele-style bridge. This “Cut-Off” bridge features three brass saddles to add to that classic Telecaster resonance and tone.
The new bridge also gives you the option of top-loading the strings in addition to the usual stringing through the body. The top-loading bridge was a design that lasted from 1958 to 1962 and while it may have been short-lived, many see them as highly desirable. Fender give you the option to string it either way so you can decide for yourself based on your preferred tone and feel.
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: “Super-Natural” Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Deep "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod II Double Tap™ Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod II Double Tap™ Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Custom "Cut-Off" Vintage-Style Tele® Bridge with Brass Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)