The Les Paul Special is both special in name and nature, as it’s the only model to be fixed up with two soapbar P90 pickups and an eye-catching TV yellow finish. Epiphone’s Inspired by Gibson collection applies iconic features and advanced construction techniques to incredibly accessible instruments.
Accurate to retro design, the Special consists of a classic mahogany body and neck combination in that rare colour first featured in the ‘50s. Nothing gets more rock and roll than this.
The neck has a Vintage ‘50s profile, which is slightly deeper than the slim taper Gibson adapted at the end of the decade. Paired with the 12” fingerboard radius and medium jumbo frets, the Special provides an authentic, lively playing experience. Hardware specs include a Graph Tech nut and a Lightning bar wrap around bridge for solid tuning stability.
Before Gibson standardised the humbucker in the Les Paul, all of their guitars were equipped with P90 pickups. These single coils provide a high output, powerful tone that doesn’t require much heat to get aggressive.
Otherwise known as the soapbar, P90s excel in anything from jazz through blues and into rock. The P-90 PRO pickups in the Junior are fully waxed potted to eliminate unwanted mic feedback.
- Body Shape: Les Paul Special
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: Single Cutaway
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Mahogany single
- Profile: Vintage 50s
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 628.65mm
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.69" / 43mm
- Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Joint: Glued in-set
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Lightning Bar Wrap Around
- Tuning Machines: Vintage style Deluxe Tuners with Ivory Buttons
- Pickguard: Black
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strap Buttons: 2
- Pickup Covers: Black
- Neck Pickup: P-90 PRO™ Soap Bar
- Bridge Pickup: P-90 PRO™ Soap Bar
- Controls: 1 - Neck Volume, 1 - Bridge Volume, 1 - Neck Tone, 1 - Bridge Tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4"