Here’s What Cranborne Audio Say About the 500ADAT Expander & 8-Slot 500 Series Rack:
500ADAT is home to 8 of your favourite 500 series modules. It’s also an 8in/8out ADAT expander, analogue summing mixer, and artist mixer. It expands the I/O of any ADAT-equipped audio interface.
Connect 500ADAT to any ADAT Equipped audio interface and expand your available inputs and outputs by 8. Get more out of your current audio interface by using tried, tested, and reliable ADAT.
500 Series Possibilities
500ADAT combines a high-current 8-slot 500 series chassis with digital conversion and ADAT - a powerful and accessible way to get your favourite 500 series modules into your tracking and mixing digital workflow.
- ADAT, SMUX, II/IV Expander: Transform your ADAT-equipped audio interface into an analogue powerhouse by adding 8 channels of expansion at up to 96kHz or 4 channels of expansion at 192kHz.
- Zero-Latency Artist Mixer: Get your hands back onto the mix by using 500ADAT's two aux busses to create pristine-sounding analogue artist mixes that can be blended with DAW playback, and sent to your musicians with zero-latency.
- Seriously High-Powered Headphone Amps: Drive your headphones with 500ADAT's reference-quality headphone amplifier with enough power to drive low-impedance headphones with plenty of headroom and a linear frequency response to below 1Hz.
- Discrete Summing Mixer: Give your mix the final bit of analogue character and send instrument groups and stems back-through your 500 series modules and into the discrete analogue summing mixer to be sent back into your DAW.
- Configurable Front End: Mix and match your 500 series modules to find the best combinations during recording, and mixing to help create your own signature, analogue sound.
- Source Select: Re-patch your 500ADAT at a flick of a switch. Dedicated source select switches for each 500 series slot adjusts the signal routing to send Analogue, C.A.S.T. or USB sources through each your modules.
- Enough I/O For Any Hardware: 500ADAT to integrates with all of your analogue/digital hardware. Patch in 500ADAT with your own converter or integrate your 19" rack gear with dedicated TRS insert jacks per slot.
- No Modules? No Problem: Bypass unused 500 series slots using 500ADAT's dedicated slot-bypass switch and you can use all of the available analogue paths for recording whilst you continue to build your 500 series collection.
- More Recording Channels: Record up to 16 channels directly through independent 500 series modules and directly into your DAW for processing.
- More Summing Channels: Play back instrument groups/stems into all 16 available 500 series slots for summing using our C.A.S.T. link connector.
- Receive Audio From C.A.S.T.: Connect 500ADAT to our N22/N22H breakout boxes using shielded cat 5 cable and now you can send mic/line sources through 100m of Cat 5 cable and directly into 500ADAT's module inputs.
- Transmit Audio to C.A.S.T.: Through that same cat 5 connection, you can transport 500ADAT's monitor mix (with Talkback included) through C.A.S.T. and directly to the musician at the other end zero-latency analogue monitoring.
- Home Grown: 500ADAT is designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK. Every unit that leaves our UK factory is thoroughly tested to provide years of trouble-free and dependable service.
- Built And Designed With Passion: We don’t take shortcuts. We don’t compromise. We don’t accept “good enough.” We’re just like you. We’re musicians. We’re audio engineers. 500ADAT is a product we're very proud of, and we hope you will be too.
- Dynamic Range: 121dB A-weighted, AES17 method, 20Hz - 20kHz
- THD+N: <0.00032% (-110dB) @ -4dBFS, 20Hz - 40kHz, 1kHz, A-weighted
- Frequency Response: -1dB, 2.2Hz to >80kHz
- Clock Jitter: <0.5 Picoseconds