The D-12E is a gig-ready dreadnought from acoustic heavyweights Martin. With the contemporary tonewood combination of Sitka Spruce and Koa, you get the signature Martin projection but with a modern twist. Koa delivers a clear mid-range, with a little extra top-end chime. Add a Richlite fretboard, Fishman electronics and a hand-finished tapered neck, and you’ve got a true modern workhorse.
Here's what Martin says about the D-12E Koa:
With the D-12E Koa in Martin’s lineup, now more players can turn their dreams of owning a koa guitar into reality. The back and side of this gorgeous model are constructed with koa fine veneer, which is an environmentally conscious, alternative-wood option, made by bonding koa hardwood to an African mahogany core. The result is the show-stopping look of a koa guitar at a great price.
But there is so much more to this guitar. Aside from the legendary Martin tone, you will get mother-of-pearl-patterned rosette and fingerboard inlay, a full-gloss body, a soft-shell gig bag, Fishman MX-T electronics, and Martin’s Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 strings. With all that, the D-12E Koa will undoubtedly become your go-to gig guitar.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret
- CONSTRUCTION: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- BRACE SHAPE: Non-Scalloped
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BACK MATERIAL: Koa Fine Veneer
- SIDE MATERIAL: Koa Fine Veneer
- FINISH TOP: Gloss
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Gloss
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: FSC Certified Richlite
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- NECK SHAPE: Performing Artist
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- ELECTRONICS: Fishman MX-T