The D-12E is a gig-ready dreadnought from acoustic heavyweights Martin. Featuring a contemporary tonewood combination of Sitka Spruce and Koa, you get the signature Martin projection, with an additional modern twist. Koa helps to deliver a clear mid-range, with a little extra top-end chime. Add a Richlite fretboard, Fishman electronics and a hand-finished tapered neck, and you’ve got a true modern workhorse.
The koa that forms the back and sides of the instrument doesn't just benefit the sound; this alternative-wood option is environmentally friendly, proving Martin's commitment to ethically sourcing their construction materials. It's produced by fusing koa hardwood to an African mahogany centre. This lends the guitar an equally eye-catching look - matching the head-turning sound!
Further visual embellishments include a mother-of-pearl patterned rosette/fingerboard inlay design and an entire gloss finish on the body. Fishman MX-T electronics complete the carefully considered build, while Martin Authentic Acoustic Lifespan 2.0 strings ensure you're ready to practice and perform right out of the box. A soft-shell gig bag comes included with the guitar.
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Construction: Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint
- Bracing Pattern: X-Brace
- Brace Shape: Non-Scalloped
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Koa Fine Veneer
- Side Material: Koa Fine Veneer
- Finish Top: Gloss
- Back & Side Finish: Gloss
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Richlite
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4''
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High-Performance Taper
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T