Focusrite ISA One
A classic single-channel pre-amp.
ISA One delivers Focusrite's prestigious ISA transformer-based pre amp in a rugged and portable chassis, at a ground-breaking price.
ISA One features the classic vintage microphone pre-amplifier topology from the original ISA110 module, including the Lundahl L1538 transformer and bespoke zobel network. (The original 110 pre amp formed the cornerstone of each channel of Focusrite's legendary Forte console.)
The pre amp is complemented by a line input (XLR and TRS Jack) and an independent D.I. channel, complete with dedicated gain control, active or passive impedance switch, a TRS Jack output for routing to an amp and an independent XLR output on the rear. This flexible independent D.I. makes the ISA One ideal both for engineers wishing to blend a D.I.'d guitar signal with a mic'd guitar cabinet, and for demanding performers who require a single classic solution for both guitar and vocals.
ISA One also features an insert point, should the need arise to place extra processing between the pre amp or D.I. and the optional converter. Phantom power, phase reverse and a 75Hz, 18dB/octave high-pass filter are also available from the angled front fascia.
Independent input metering for both channels is provided in the form of a moving coil VU meter with variable calibration to suit analogue and digital recording media, alongside two six-LED peak meters; inputs can be metered either pre- or post-insert. The meter calibrations utilise all the same reference points as Digidesign's Pro Tools HD system, allowing effortless line-up.
ISA One's headphone output features a dedicated volume control, which delivers an external stereo cue mix, (a simple click track, or a stereo mix feed from an interface or a live console,) fed to the headphones via two TRS jack inputs on the rear of the unit.
- "The ISA One is exactly like using the original ISA 110, except that it's easier to ride gain on-the-fly with the ISA One's 20 dB of fine gain control and larger knob....the ISA One is less likely to overload while producing a smoother, cleaner sound as compared to a vintage Neve 1272 preamp. The ISA One is also quieter and has more dynamic range."
- "I monitored much of my testing through the unit's headphone system. The sound that it produced was clean and super quiet; it drove my 55-ohm AKG K271 headphones as loud as I could stand."
- "The ISA One is a first-class piece of studio gear, whether you use it in a high-end studio with a large console or with a laptop-based portable rig. Its Main and Instrument channels, headphone system, flexible metering and built-in A/D converter offer a unique combination of great-sounding tools that perform and work together flawlessly."
Barry Rudolph - Mix Magazine
Focusrite ISA One main features include
Rugged and portable transformer-based pre amp
- Line input (XLR and TRS Jack)
- Independent D.I. channel
- Insert Point
- VU Meter
- Six Led Peak meters
- Headphone out with dedicated volume control
- Optional Stereo A/D Converter provides two channels of 24 bit/192kHz A-D conversion with a dynamic range of 119dB.
The optional digital card (not included) combines reknowned Focusrite circuitry with cutting edge technology to give you digital stereo outputs on AES/EBU or S/PDIF (via a 9-pin DSUB) as well as optical ADAT and TOSLINK outputs for maximum flexibility. External wordclock sync to lock the unit to your master clock is provided as standard.