Cory Wong is a modern guitar master. Acclaimed for his incredible funk chops and inventive, soulful lead work with Vulfpeck; Wong is also Grammy-nominated solo artist in his own right, who's unique style has garnered plenty of adoring fans.
Fender has now collaborated with Wong on a signature Stratocaster which captures the essence of his favourite guitar, but comes thoughtfully modified to meet his ever-changing demands. Based on a high-spec American Ultra Strat, the Fender Cory Wong model sports a few eccentric tweaks that make it something completely original — just like the man himself!
- Scaled-Down Alder Body — Slightly smaller than a typical Stratocaster; featuring sculpted body contours for a sublimely comfortable playing experience.
- American Ultra Modern “D” Neck — Slim, supportive shape suited for the latest generation of players; enhanced with a slippery satin lacquer.
- Sapphire Blue Transparent Satin Finish — Recreates the look and feel of Cory’s beloved original Strat.
- Compound 10"-14" Radius Fingerboard — Rounded at the lower end of the neck and flattens out the higher you go; for optimal playability and choke-free string bends.
- Rolled Fingerboard Edges — Provides exceptional playing comfort; no more sharp fret ends!
- Medium Jumbo Frets — Modern size for a controllable feel and enhanced tone.
- Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo — Allows you to embellish chords and lead lines with tasteful vibrato.
- Deluxe Locking Tuners — Guarantee superior tuning stability and make string changes fast.
- Bone Nut — Traditional, low-friction material boosts sustain and minimises unwanted tuning slips.
- Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Signature Pickups — Provide classic Strat quack and chime; fine-tuned to achieve Wong's distinctive tone.
- Extra Accessories — Also included are a Cory Wong hair tie (for muting the tremolo springs to capture Cory’s rhythm tone), a rubber strap-lock washer set and a custom neck plate.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 22
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Signature Stack
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Signature Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Signature Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell Case