The Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster is an amazing value workhorse of a guitar that provides a great range of tones with a vintage look yet modern feel. With a powerful preamp hidden under what would normally be the tone control you will not believe how well this guitar goes from vintage vibe to high gain saturation.
Classic 70's Strat Design
While the features on this guitar are about as modern as you can get on a Strat the look is still very 70's. With its slightly flatter body and oversized headstock this guitar still wears its history proudly while realising that there is a lot that has been improved in recent years.
Normally the Fender Noiseless pickups are only available on some of the highest end USA made guitars but now they have made their way to Mexico. Fitted in this guitar you have a set of the classically voiced Vintage Noiseless pickups that combine real vintage single coil tones without any of that annoying buzz or hum that you get on regular single coils.
Powerful V6 Preamp
Plenty of guitars have come with preamp systems throughout the years, but it is not very often that you see it on a Stratocaster. With 6 different preset preamp tones attached you can go between some wildly different sounds not normally available with a standard SSS style guitar. Don't want to worry about preamps and want those classic Strat sounds we love? Just press in on the S-1 switch on the volume control to completely bypass the preamp for pure single coil sounds.
As they are improving all of the electronics why not take a look at the hardware as well! So now this guitar has a more modern 2 point synchronized tremolo which matches classic saddles with modern performance. Combine that with an asymmetrical neck plate for better neck access and locking short pole machine heads and you have a really stable guitar without the limitations of older designs.
Here's what Fender say about the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
With sound and style tough enough to rock a chicken-wire-enclosed stage, the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat is the perfect instrument for tearing it up all night long. Packed with a wide-ranging variety of tones, ranging from tough, wiry single-coil spank to a high-output sound that's perfect for searing leads, this guitar is versatile enough to handle anything you throw at it with style. It's the perfect instrument for a performer who demands sonic flexibility and the ability to easily switch sounds at the drop of a hat. Three Vintage Noiseless pickups offer all the clarity and articulation you've come to expect from Strat pickups-with no hum. A six-position V6 switch disguised as a tone control and preamp offers 6 extra tonal variations, without compromising the classic, slick look of a Strat. An S-1 switch concealed in the volume control bypasses the preamp for rich, traditional pickup-only sounds. Enjoy smoother travel when using the tremolo bridge, thanks to the modern two-point synchronized design, which includes bent steel saddles for classic aesthetics. A contoured neck heel and 4-bolt asymmetrical neck plate make it easy to comfortably reach the upper registers of the neck. The flatter 12"-radius fingerboard makes it easy to play fast leads and perform deep bends without fretting out. Locking short-post tuning machines provide increased break angle at the nut for buzz-free playing and enhanced tuning stability, along with quicker string changes. Classic aesthetic touches include nickel/chrome hardware and a three-ply mint green pickguard, 3-Ply Black/White/Black on 384, along with aged white pickup covers, control knobs and switch tip. Fusing a near-infinite variety of useful sounds with classic Fender style and upgraded modern components, the Deluxe Roadhouse Strat is the guitar for guitarists who want more from their instrument, at an affordable price.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Rosewood
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless™ Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Master 6-Position V6 Rotary Tone Switch, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Special Electronics: The 6-position V6 rotary switch utilizes the onboard preamp to provide 6 distinct tone settings ranging from wiry single-coil to scorching lead. The S-1 Switch bypasses the preamp completely.
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic