On stage or in the studio the Audio Technica ATM230 Hypercardioid Dynamic Instrument Microphone is designed to give you clear, balanced sound. This mic is designed for drum applications thanks to its ability handle high sound pressure levels. The ATM230 offers a well-balanced sound with prominent low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern provides a very direct, isolated sound that's purely focused on what you're mic'ing up.
Focused, directional sound that's great for use in the studio and an all-metal exterior that's perfect for life on the road, the ATM230 is a great sounding, versatile microphone.
Here's What Audio Technica Say About the ATM230
The ATM230 hypercardioid instrument microphone brings a compact drum model to Audio-Technica’s popular Artist Series line. The mic’s proprietary capsule is designed to excel in high SPL applications, delivering full, well-rounded audio with an exceptional low-end. The hypercardioid polar pattern keeps the focus on the sound source, directionality that is aided by the mic’s low-profile design, which allows it to be placed in a wide variety of setups. All this makes the ATM230 ideally suited for miking toms, snare and other percussion instruments.
The ATM230 features rugged metal construction that stands up to the rigors of live and studio applications, and comes with an AT8665 drum mount and a protective pouch.
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Handles very high SPL at close range
- Big, warm low-frequency response with excellent attack
- Low-profile design permits versatile placement around drum kit
- Rugged, all-metal design and construction for years of trouble-free use
- Includes AT8665 drum mount and a soft protective pouch
- Element: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-12,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –54 dB (1.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 600 ohms
- Weight: 292 g (10.3 oz)
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8665 drum mount for 5/8"-27 threaded adaptor; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adaptor; soft protective pouch
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R2
- 82.5 mm (3.2") long,
- 38.0 mm (1.5") maximum diameter