The Art Pro MPA-II is a two channel Mic Preamp unit with continuously variable input impedance. Not content with just being a great sounding dual mic pre, the MPA-2 offers a fantastic range of features to help you get the most out of the sound source.
Match your Preamps to the Microphone Type
The MPA-II features variable input impedance from 150 ohms to a maximum of 2400 ohms. This essentially means that you can tailor the preamp settings to the specific microphone you're using, which can significantly change the sound profile of the mic.
For example, many dynamic and passive ribbon microphones prefer a higher impedance than a condensor, so the MPA-2 can accomodate for this.
Match your preamps to the situation
As the MPA-II is a two channel microphone pre, it is designed to make the most of it's stereo capability. As a result you can set the unit as dual-mono, Stereo or even Mid/side operation with it's dedicated mid/side matrix.
Professional Features at your disposal
The MPA-II also features all the professional tools you need to get the perfect setup for your microphones. Large analogue VU meters help you set the perfect level, Low cut, phantom power, phase invert and a 20db pad give you all the control you need.
All in all the MPA-II is a feature packed system at a really affordable price; perfect for stereo miking from close up on a piano to room miking a full choir!
- Variable Input Impedance For Flexible Microphone Voicing (150 ohms To 2400 ohms)
- Selectable Plate Voltage
- Large VU Meters
- Backlit Function Switches
- Discrete Class-A Input Microphone Preamplifier
- Low Noise at Lower Gain Settings
- Extremely Low Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
- Wide Frequency Response
- Additional Front Mounted Instrument Input Jack
- Supports Mid/Side Miking Technique
- Operates at +4dbm/-10dbv Output
- Selectable Stereo/Dual Operation of Output Controls
- Automatic Instrument Input Selection