You could describe the Starplayer Bass as the rhythmic cousin of Duesenberg’s Starplayer TV. It is characterised by the same semi-hollow body, arched top/back and dual pickup system; it brings its own bass brilliance to the table, however.
To meet the needs of the discerning bassist, the build had to deliver quality across the board. This bass does just that. The back and sides consist of flamed maple, the top is made up of spruce, while an American hardrock maple neck completes proceedings. A pair of Duesenberg BassBuckers have then been applied to deliver punch and presence. Responding well to varied musical scenarios, they project rich overtones of astounding clarity that will carve a place in any type of mix.
Attention to Detail
All of the hardware present on the Starplayer bass has been custom made by Duesenberg themselves. Fretboards offer increased playability due to the final hand-finished process, while the strings are firmly secured using an ultra-sturdy, fully adjustable bass bridge. To round it off, Duesenberg Z-tuners provide stable tuning and fast, yet simple replacement of strings.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 41 mm / 1.6" (nut), 53,5 mm / 2.11" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 305 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Cream dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale Length: 768 mm / 30.2"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black veneer
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated spruce
- Back, sides: Laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.39"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg bass bridge
- Tailpiece: Duesenberg trapeze tailpiece
- Strap Pins: Kluson Multi-Lock
- Hardware Colour: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg BSRS1 (050-070-085-110)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg BassBucker
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg BassBucker
- Wiring: 2 volume, 1 tone, on/off slide switch
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys (included)