Podcasting and streaming has never been more popular - with both disciplines seeing a massive boom over the last few years. And as the amount of content creators (and their respective audiences) has grown, the need for professional-grade audio quality and production has never been more important. The Shure MV7 Podcast Microphone offers both - with industry-standard sound and performance, bolstered by a minimal, sleek design. It's the brand's very first hybrid USB/XLR mic.
Front & Centre
Whenever you use the MV7, your voice will remain front and centre at all times. Shure know just how important a clear and intelligible vocal is (they are one of the biggest names in the microphone world for a reason), so a highly directional dynamic design and voice isolation tech have both been incorporated. This intuitive engineering works to highlight your voice, no matter what kind of environment you might be working in. This results in consistent audio across each and every word.
That's not all though; a series of other helpful systems ensure you get the best audio possible. Auto Level Mode will set your gain and compression in real-time. This means that your output levels will remain balanced while you work. Gone are the time-consuming tweaks and alterations! This is augmented further by automatic adjustment of your audio levels - making sure that your voice and its volume stays the same without fluctuations.
You'll be able to tweak your sound to your liking too. This is made quick and easy thanks to the built-in touch panel. It can be used to change the monitor mix, headphone volume, gain, and unmute or mute the mic. Once you've dialled in your preferred settings, these can then be locked in, allowing you to get up and running every time you use the mic without hassle.
Shure MOTIV App
This free desktop application is used to swap between various presets that control a few different audio systems. For example, choose the appropriate mic distance setting (far or near) to match your current distance from the mic. Or, select from three 'tone' choices - bright, natural or dark - to alter the sound of your voice. All of this can be done with just a few clicks.
Thanks to a dual XLR and USB output, the MV7 will slot seamlessly into your current tech configuration. The supported USB-C/USB-A output for PC and Mac is extremely useful, while a pro XLR output can be used to connect to mixers, interfaces and any other audio gear you might have to hand.
You can even use a lightning cable (bought separately) to use the mic with an iPad or iPhone - allowing for some high-quality content creation while you're on-the-move!
That's not to say that the MV7 can only be used for podcasts and streaming purposes though; it's also excellent for radio, recording voiceovers and general vocals too! This makes it an incredibly versatile piece of equipment that's ready to tackle pretty much any audio-related situation you can think of. And with the fully adjustable in-built yoke, you can easily position the mic on booms and threaded stands.
- Black finish.
- Built-in yoke is fully adjustable, allowing for simple positioning on booms or threaded stands.
- Durable, all-metal build.
- Works with the ShurePlus MOTIV Desktop App, providing simple audio processing (save custom user presets; tweak audio tone using switchable EQ filters; automatically alter compression and gain with Auto-Level mode).
- Meticulously engineered frequency response results in a crisp, clear and authentic vocal.
- Integrated headphone output offers direct headphone monitoring while you record.
- Use the smart touch panel for the headphone mix, mic muting, volume monitoring and control over gain.
- Voice isolation tech combined with an improved directional dynamic design.
- Dual XLR and USB output used for analog or digital recording.
- Windows: Windows 10, 64 bit, Minimum 2 GB of RAM, Minimum 500 MB of hard disk space
- Mac: MacOS 10.13 to 10.15, 64 bit, Minimum 2 GB of RAM, Minimum 500 MB of hard disk space
- iOS: iOS 12 and higher, iPhone 6 and higher, iPod Touch 6th generation
- Android: Oreo 8.0 and higher, USB Host Power Requirement of ≥ 100 mA, USB Audio Class 1.1 support and higher
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- A/D Converter: 16 or 24-bit, 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Adjustable Gain Range: 0 to +36 dB
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- USB Sensitivity: 47 dBFS/Pa at 1 kHz
- XLR Sensitivity: -55 dBV/Pa (1.78 mV) at 1 kHz
- USB Maximum SPL: 132 dB SPL
- Headphone Output: 3.5 mm (1/8")
- DSP Modes (Presets): Near/Far, Dark/Natural/Bright
- Power Requirements: Powered through USB or Lightning connector
- MFi Certified: Yes
- XLR Output Impedance: 314 Ω at 1 kHz
- Software Compatibility: ShurePlus™ MOTIV Audio, Video, and Desktop Apps
- Connector Type: Micro-B USB and XLR
- Mounting Type: 5/8"-27 thread mount
- Housing: All-metal construction
- Weight: 0.55 kg
- Dimensions: Microphone Length - 53.6 mm; Diameter 66.5 mm
- Cable: Includes one (1) 10-foot Micro-B to USB-A cable and one (1) 10-foot Micro-B to USB-C cable