Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast Preamp in Black
2 IN STOCK
Order now for delivery to you on Tue 24th May 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 499 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
The Warm Audio TB12 Tone Beast offers pro-level quality and control, without the premium price tag. With its high-quality components, the Tone Beast can capture a wide range of sources with clarity and, using the controls, you can tweak just how the pre-amp colours the tone. You can achieve, clear, transparent sound or you can go for vintage tone with warm harmonic distortion - the Tone Beast puts it in your control.
The Tone Beast features your basic Gain and Saturation controls. Use the Gain control to influence the level of your signal output, from the +29 dB through to +65 dB amplification. Add in the Saturation control to get that classic warm harmonic distortion and compression you can hear on classic recordings through to even aggressive distorted sounds.
The Tone Section allows you to swap the components in the Tone Beast which in turn colours your tone. The Output Transformer switch allows you to swap between a nickel and steel CineMag USA transformer. Nickel offering that warmer, more vintage-style tone, and steel providing the more modern, transparent tone. You can also bypass these transformers entirely for an even cleaner tone (with a -8 dB drop). Both the op-amps and capacitors can also be swapped in a similar way, with the option of Vintage and Clean sounds. These controls provide a wealth of options for subtly tweaking your tone and become more noticeable when you turn up the saturation. Additionally, there's a +6 dB boost switch for when your signal needs a little extra power when recording with certain mics.
- 71 dB of gain
- Transformer selection provides both steel and 50% nickel CineMag output transformers for varying character
- Transformer bypass switch allows for removal of the output transformer from the circuit
- Discrete opamp selection allows for choosing between a 1731 (vintage) and 918 (cleaner) style opamp. These are socketed/swappable with your choice of 2520 6 pin footprint opamps
- Impedance switch labeled tone to switch between 150 and 600 ohms input impedance
- 2 meg ohm true hi-z input on front panel sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both CineMag transformers and the discrete opamps. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4" output jack
- 80 Hz hi pass filter
- Polarity reverse
- Utilizes premium grade CineMag USA transformers
- +48 V phantom power
- Output attenuation allows for saturation flexibility of both opamps and transformers
- ¼" insert for the use of inline compressors, EQ's etc
- Balanced XLR mic (front and back), balanced TRS Line, and ¼" unbalanced instrument inputs
- Balanced XLR and TRS outputs
- -20 dB pad
- LED VU Meter
- 19" rackmountable
- Switchable 115/230 volt IEC power inlet.
- Capacitor selection between tantalum and electrolytic for different characters
- Trade Doubler Group ID
- Warm Audio
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Mr Paolo Picone17th Mar 2022
Select deposit amount
0% = £0.00
- Total Cash Price
- Amount of Credit
- Duration of Agreement
- 0 Months
- 0 Monthly Repayments
- Cost of Credit
- APR Representative
- Annual Rate of Interest
- Settlement Fee
- Total Amount Payable