Now with three products in the Big Knob lineup, studios of any size will benefit from the professional source/monitor selection and precise level control that made the original such a popular choice. Plus, with the addition of high-resolution Onyx™ USB recording and playback, studios get a powerful, hybrid solution that is truly greater than the sum of its parts.
Sure, we all know the Mackie Big Knob is the go-to monitor controller for studios the world over. But, now that we've added in the high-resolution goodness of an Onyx recording and playback solution, Big Knob truly becomes the nerve center for your studio. Or, if you are looking for excruciatingly simple volume control/monitor switching, the Big Knob Passive delivers at an amazing price.
The Big Knob Studio comes with free software to help you get the most of your purchase. Included from September 12 2019 is Avid's Pro Tools First DAW with the exclusive Musician Collection which feature 23 Avid plug-ins, including the 304C Compressor and 304E EQ bundle. Pro Tools is widely used by professionals in the recording industry and you can get a slice of the quality with the entry-level Pro Tools First. Also included is Waveform OEM DAW and the DAW Essentials Collection from Tracktion which features 16 professional plug-ins for use with any DAW.
Big Knob Studio Monitor Controller
Professional source and monitor selection
- Choose between 3 sources and 2 monitor pairs
- Classic Big Knob volume control
- Independent trim on all sources and monitor outs
- Mono, mute and dim functions
Flexible 2x2 USB recording interface
- two boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps including phantom power for condenser microphones
- High-resolution 96kHz / 24-bit recording and playback
- Cue Mix allows controlled blending of direct inputs with other signals for zero-latency recording
- Choice of recording paths provide flexibility for applications like podcasting
Comprehensive feature set for professional studios
- Flexible source connections including convenient 1/8" input for your smartphone
- Dual headphone outs with independent level control
- Built-in talkback mic for easy communication with artists
- 16-segment high-resolution input source metering
Sturdy built-like-a-tank design
Combpatible with all major DAWs on both Mac and Windows
Includes Tracktion recording software
More info about the Big Knob Series
Proven Pro Source & Monitor Selection
The Mackie Big Knob has proven itself for more than a decade as the go-to monitor controlling solution for project and professional studios. The all-new Big Knob family takes the best of this classic workflow, delivering the right solution for the modern studio.
Hi-Res Premium Onyx Recording/Playback
Both the Big Knob Studio and Big Knob Studio+ offer high-resolution USB interfacing (with resolutions up to 192 kHz), featuring dual Onyx mic preamps, delivering an ultra-wide 60 dB of gain range and award-winning sound quality.
Comprehensive Flexible Integration
The expanded Big Knob lineup offers models with unique feature sets and I/O to suit a huge range of applications. Features like dual headphone outs, a dedicated amp-driven studio out, a true cue mix and more ensure Big Knob will fit right into your studio or workspace.