Behringer know a thing or two about classic synths. Introducing the MS-1, an analog monosynth powered by a single 3340 oscillator for straight-up fat basslines, popping rhythms and crystal-clear leads.
Single VCO Clarity
It's not often you find a monophonic synthesizer with one oscillator that sounds this big. Modelled on the classic Roland SH-101, it's powered by a 3340 VCO with 4 simultaneous blend-able waveforms and a 4 octave range. The 3340 oscillators are famously featured in Oberheim OBxa and the Sequential Prophet 5 among others - so the MS-1 is in pretty good company.
Next up, the VCF is arguably the most versatile tonal shaping tool onboard. You've got your cutoff and resonance controls as standard, as well as envelope and modulation depth. But the real trick is that you can modulate the VCF with a number of controls; ADSR, keyboard tracking and the bend control. This allows a new level of interaction with your playing - the MS-1 is a real player's synthesizer.
Sequencer & Presets
Behringer have also stepped up the sequencer game, offering adjustable accent, gate time, ratcheting and glide time per step. You've got 32 steps to play with, with 8 banks each consisting of 8 patterns. You can save 64 sequences onboard this thing without breaking a sweat!
- Amazing monophonic synthesizer with authentic 3340 analog oscillator for insanely fat music creation
- 32 semi-weighted full-size keys for great playability
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs to recreate the classic sound performance
- Oscillator with 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms: saw, triangle, square/pwm and octave-divided square sub-oscillator
- Resonant VCF can be modulated with ADSR, LFO, keyboard tracking and bender controller
- 6 FM sources allow for creative VCF modulation and unheard of filter effects
- ADSR envelope generator for incredible wave shaping
- Easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Attachable handgrip included with pitch bend wheel and pitch modulation trigger
- Guitar strap included for live jamming on stage
- Bender assignable to VCO, VCF and pitch mod wheel on attachable handgrip
- Noise generator can be used as modulation source for distortion-like effects
- Incredible portamento function for fantastic sound effects
- Pulse wave can be modulated by LFO, envelope and manually
- 57 sliders and switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- 3-Year Warranty Manufacturer Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.