The KSM9 sits at the higher end of Shure's product offering, providing a premium recording experience.
This mic records the nuance and detail of a vocal with astounding levels of clarity. Every subtle inflection is highlighted, making it a seriously articulate, functional piece of equipment. As a result, it performs especially well during live shows. This is in part due to a dual diaphragm design with switchable polar patterns; you can swap between cardioid and supercardioid settings on the fly, letting you quickly switch depending on the scenario and/or vocalist. The KSM9 is also extremely well-balanced over every frequency - leading to increased gain before feedback and a reduced proximity effect.
- Exceptional consistency across all frequencies, providing more gain before feedback, while decreasing proximity effect.
- Dual gold layered, low-mass Mylar® diaphragm design.
- Switchable polar patterns (supercardioid and cardioid).
- Advanced suspension shock mount.
- Premium electronic components including Class A transformerless preamplifier circuitry.
- Gold-plated internal and external connectors, including XLR Output Durable aluminium housing.
- Zippered carrying case.
- Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern(s): Supercardioid and Cardioid
- Phantom power required?: 48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3