A new age of on-camera microphones has dawned upon us, and RODE is paving the way forward once again. Carrying on from where they left off, the Stereo VideoMix X takes RODE's original VideoMic to the next level, with several new upgrades and improvements. These acoustically matched true condenser capsules are positioned in an X-Y configuration giving you an incredibly broad, inclusive soundscape that still picks up incredible detail.
With new Rycote Onboard suspension, your audio will always be protected from vibrations and unwanted noise without comprising on durability. It really makes the SVMX so practical and flexible to be used in any situation from a busy street to a bubbling brook.
One of the most exciting features is the integrated digital switching, this has been added for the first time on any RODE microphone and it is great in allowing you easy access to one of the many in-built filters and settings using LED indicators. So make sure to make full use of the broad range of tone controls including +20dB boost for DSLR, 10dB Pad, HP filter, and HF boost for use with furry windshield.
Plus with an included SC2 TRS cable, pop, shield and wind shield you can be sure are getting the complete package.
Here's what Rode say about the Stereo VideoMic X
- Acoustically matched true condenser capsules
- Rycote Lyre onboard shock mounting
- Balanced professional XLR output
- Heavy-duty, lightweight aluminium construction
- High Pass Filter
- 9V or Phantom Power (P48 - via miniXLR)
- Level adjustment
- High Frequency Boost
- Includes SC2 TRS cable, pop sheild and wind shield
- 10 year extended warranty when you register online at www.rodemic.com/warranty
The Stereo VideoMic X is the ultimate broadcast-grade stereo microphone for on-camera use. Utilising all-metal construction, it is incredibly robust making it ideal for regular professional use, while also providing high levels of resistance to RF interference. The mic features a matched pair of 1/2" true-condenser capsules, configured in a stacked X-Y configuration, providing a highly-immersive soundscape. Each capsule is supported by the Rycote Lyre shock-mounting system, providing isolation from vibration as well as knocks and bumps. Digital switching on the rear of the SVMX allows the user to control the level adjustment (-10dB or +20dB), high-pass filter (0/75/150Hz) and an innovative high-frequency boost (+6dB @ XHz) designed to boost the intelligibility of dialogue. In a first for the VideoMic range, professional-grade balanced outputs are available on the side of the body, in addition to the RF shielded 3.5mm stereo output cable. An outer dome structure provides physical protection for the sensitive capsules, while reducing wind noise in the same manner as RØDE's RedDot-winning Blimp.
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter
- Capsule: 0.50"
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Address Type: End
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 20kHz (selected HPF @ 0, 75Hz, 150Hz)
- Output Impedance: 200
- Maximum SPL: 143dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K load)
- Sensitivity: -32.0dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (25.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 12dB-A
- Power Options: 9V Battery / +48V phantom power
- Weight: 300gm
- Dimensions: 102mmH x 118mmW x 100mmD
- Output: 3.5mm jack / mini XLR