While emulating classic microphones may appeal to some brands and consumers, Lewitt strive to innovate and create the most versatile and best value-for-money mics available on the market. The LCT 040 MATCH epitomises their approach; a super-affordable small diaphragm condenser microphone that is best-suited for capturing acoustic guitars, drums and percussion.
The Lewitt LCT 040 MATCH's incredible price-point makes it ideal for hobbyists that are keen to record at home. However, even professionals can admire its rugged build and impressive sound quality. For example, its housing is constructed from aluminium, making it not just strong but also very lightweight and ergonomic. Its small diaphragm condenser capsule has also been thoughtfully designed, ensuring a well-rounded character with plenty of top-end presence.
This exceptional microphone comes with a bag, clip and also a windscreen if you intend to use it outdoors for live performances. The Lewitt LCT 040 MATCH is therefore suitable for many musical applications.
Here's what Lewitt says about the LCT 040 MATCH:
Professional sound right from the moment you hit "record"
The LCT 040 MATCH delivers drum and acoustic guitar recordings that sound excellent. The true character of guitars, drums, and percussion is within the transients. The LCT 040 MATCH delivers excellent transient response to retain the natural musicality of your acoustic instruments. It captures the very essence of your performance. We tailored the small diaphragm condenser capsule to provide you with a professionally refined sound, right from the moment you hit the "record" button; well-balanced and with a pleasant high-end.
Durable yet lightweight
The LCT 040 MATCH is very durable yet lightweight thanks to its CNC'ed aluminum housing. Together with its space-saving form factor positioning and setup become easy tasks.
What is in the box?
The LCT 040 MATCH comes with a transport bag, clip, and a windscreen for outdoor use.
- Type: Condenser, permanently polarized
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Transducer Ø: 17 mm, 0.67 in
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 18.8 mV/Pa, -34.5 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent noise level: 20 dB (A), cardioid
- Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 135 dBSPL
- Dynamic range: 115 dB (A)
- Internal impedance: 203 Ω
- Rated load impedance: 1000 Ω
- Supply voltage: 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption: 7.2 mA
- Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
- Microphone dimensions: 24 dia. x 83 mm, 0.9 dia. x 3.3 in
- Microphone net weight: 44.6 g, 1.6 oz