The Jet is a classic design in the Gretsch range that remains relevant today. The G6228FM Players Edition Jet BT with V-Stoptail is a total workhorse instrument thanks to its high-quality build and versatile tones that’ll handle any genre you throw at it. This guitar is a “Player’s Edition” model which is designed to live up to the professional musicians’ standard with its quality and playability.
Body and Neck
The G6228FM Jet uses the tried and tested formula of a mahogany body with a flame maple top. This combo provides the guitar with a warm tone with plenty of sustain and attack. Jets have historically been chambered and this one continues that tradition. This chambering provides the Jet with a very open, resonant tone that provides a unique dynamic to your sound that really complements almost any genre.
The neck is a comfortable design thanks to a few factors. The standard “U” shape neck has rounded shoulders and really fills the hand which makes it great for playing chords and wrapping your thumb around the neck. The fingerboard is made from ebony, a classy choice which has a natural smoothness and striking aesthetic. The fingerboard radius is 12” which is flat enough to comfortably play single note runs and solos but not to the point where it might make playing chords more difficult. Overall the neck does what any good guitar neck should do, allow you to play the music you want comfortably.
Electronics and Hardware
The G6228FM comes loaded with two Broad’Tron BT65 humbuckers. The BT65 pickups are designed to be closer to a traditional humbucker than the classic Filter’Trons Gretch’s are known for. The BT65 Broad’Tron has a well-balanced response with a more powerful output but crucially retains some of that articulation that you expect from a Gretsch. Articulate enough for blues and jazzier styles with enough punch for higher gain rock the Brod’Trons BT65s are powerful yet versatile pickups.
Thanks to the V-stoptail tailpiece, Gotoh locking tuners, and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut the G6228FM Jet has great tuning stability, and will be able to handle some serious string bending.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Top: Laminated Flame Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.5” (267mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.5” (343mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219mm)
- Neck: Mahogany, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: V-Stoptail
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Gold Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: Broad’Tron™ BT65 (Bridge), Broad’Tron™ BT65 (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup),Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Arrow
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .010-.046 Gauges
- Case/Gig Bag: G6238 Deluxe Hardshell Case Included