Please Note: The first images above are stock manufacturer images of the right handed models that have been flipped to provide a representation of the left handed model.
The Gibson ES-335 in Satin is a modern classic. It's got the feel and heart of an ES-335 but with the uber-cool Satin finish which really allows the wood to breathe and resonate.
Body and neck
You've got the typical Gibson ES-335 Maple/Poplar/Maple wood configuration which gives the hollow body strength, durability and a bright, airy tone.
The neck is made of Mahogany in a comfortable rounded ‘C’ profile. On top is a classy Rosewood fretboard providing plenty of warmth. 22 rolled frets are protected against rust and wear and feel effortless to play. The rolled frets make the guitar feel 'played-in' and prevent any sharp fret edges from sticking out and making the guitar uncomfortable.
MHS II humbuckers are Gibson’s latest pickups, now installed in the ES-335 Satin. MHS stands for ‘Memphis Historic Spec’and they're designed to get that PAF-type humbucker sound. These pickups have plenty of midrange and clarity and a vintage hot output.
Because you have access to two volume and two tone knobs, there’s huge sonic variety to explore.
Hardware and electronics
Gibson have worked hard on improving their electronics for clearer sound and longevity, so your guitar can become truly vintage one day. The Memphis tone circuit features hand-wired 500K pots and Orange Drop Capacitors for smooth transitions when turning the volume up and down.
On top you have faultless plated brass saddles and a rust-resistant zinc stopbar. A bone nut also keeps string friction to a minimum and keeps tuning extremely stable.
- Top Material: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Back Material: 3-ply Maple/Poplar/Maple
- Bracing: Spruce
- Centerblock: Maple
- Binding: Single-ply Cream
- Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Quarter Sawn Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Rounded "C"
- Scale Length: 24.75" / 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" / 304.8mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo - 18% Nickel Silver
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.69" / 42.84mm
- End-of-Board Width: 2.24" / 56.92mm
- Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 with Plated Brass Saddles
- Tailpiece: Die-cast Zinc Stopbar
- Tuners: Grover 'Milk Bottle' Rotomatics
- Pick Guard: 5-ply Black
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/White
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflectors
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Neck Pickup: MHS II Humbucker Rhythm
- Bridge Pickup: MHS II Humbucker Lead
- Case Included