Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Help Centre.
The Duo-Sonic is a hidden gem in the Fender lineup. Originally released as a student guitar in 1956, the Duo-Sonic found a second life in the alternative and indie communities due to some of its unique qualities. The Duo-Sonic has great playability thanks to its small offset body and 24" scale length, and packs versatile sounds with its dual single-coil configuration. An old school design updated for the modern player.
Compact Yet Comfortable
Short scale guitars have always been popular among beginners but they're also becoming increasingly popular with more experienced players. The Duo-Sonic has a 24" scale length which is shorter than the 25.5" scale you find on most Fender guitars. This lowers the string tension which makes it easier to fret and bend notes and you also get a slightly warmer tone as a result. The lower string tension also means you can use heavier gauge strings for a thicker tone without straining your fingers.
The small alder body helps keep the guitar lightweight, taking less of a toll on your back when you're standing - especially useful if you're an energetic performer. The neck is a comfortable "C" shape with a satin finish on the back so you won't have to worry about your hand sticking to it. The maple fingerboard offers a super smooth playing surface and the 9.5" fingerboard radius is suited to both chords and solos alike.
Classic and Modern Tones
The Duo-Sonic features a single-coil pickup in the neck position and a humbucker in the bridge position. This may look like a simple pickup configuration but there's plenty of versatility here. The neck pickup offers smooth, rounded sounds with clear and articulate note definition - great for blues and jazzy styles. The humbucker in the bridge however, provides a thicker and more powerful tone which is perfect for when you want grittier and dirtier sounds.
- Series: Player
- Country Of Origin: MX
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Duo-Sonic
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge Pickup: Duo-Sonic™ Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Duo-Sonic™ Single-coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)