Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our Help Centre.
The Jaguar was released by Fender in the early '60s as their Jack-of-all-trades instrument, eventually earning its stripes as a cult favourite. The Fender Player Series Jaguar builds on this winning formula, pushing the boat out in terms of versatility and streamlining a number of features with the modern player in mind - and this limited edition model comes with two humbuckers!
Body & Neck
As with many of their solid-body instruments, Fender have opted for an Alder body for the Player Series Jaguar. Known for being lightweight but tonally resonant, it's balanced in every sense of the word. Its sound is often described as rich, with some emphasis on upper-midrange brightness, and its weight and density means it's an easy instrument to harness, whether on-stage or in the studio.
Maple and Pau Ferro is used for the neck and fretboard respectively. This combination, coupled with the Alder body, ensures a pronounced and colourful midrange with plenty of sparkling presence. The use of a satin finish and C-shape neck configuration means that you'll be as comfortable as can be; whether it's a quick jam or an all-day session, you'll feel right at home on the Player Jaguar's neck.
Electronics & Hardware
Arguably the most significant difference with this model is the use of two humbuckers; Jaguar's traditionally have two single-coil pickups. Fender have carefully tuned these humbuckers to retain the signature spank you've come to expect, while offering a fatter tone to suit contemporary styles. Add to the mix a 3-ply pickguard, dual-wing string tree, sealed tuning machines, and you've got an instrument that's simultaneously professional, affordable and a whole lotta fun!
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots (Pau Ferro)
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
- Bridge: Stopbar Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 3 Jaguar Humbuckers
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome