The Fender Telecaster certainly has one of the most iconic guitar sounds in the world. If you are in to your country music or a wide range of pop and rock sounds most likely a lot of it was recorded with a Telecaster. The one issue they had is that they were not quite as versatile as their brother the Stratocaster...until now.
The Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster features a 3 pickups configuration with Strat-O-Tone switching for loads of tonal options.
Straight From Nashville
Although this guitar is built in Mexico the inspiration came straight from the top players in Nashville. Country players require that classic tele twang for the main guitar lines but sometimes want something a little rounder and less in your face for rhythms and backing sections. So what they did was install a pickup in the middle position of a tele to help them get some of the warmer inbetween sounds that a strat is known for.
Three Noiseless Pickups
Like all of the Deluxe series of guitars from Fender this model is fitted with the latest Noiseless Vintage pickups. These pickups have all of the same vintage inspired tones that we know from single coil pickups but without any of the noisey buzz and hum that causes so much pain with traditional single coils.
Normally you would only find locking tuners on the Elite strats. This Nashville Tele has the locking tuner upgrade to make your life easier when restringing before gigs or at studio sessions. It takes a quarter of the time to restring, and will also hold its tuning better when you are really giving it large during your next guitar solo!
Here's what Fender say about the Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster
Straight from the studios of Music Row in the home of country music-Nashville, TN-comes the Deluxe Nashville Tele, a tonally versatile performer with a unique (for a Tele) three-pickup design. A distinctive entry into the Fender family, this Tele growls, snaps and screams with flexible tone that can match any song. With its original Fender style, customized switching and fast, smooth playing feel, this Tele is ready to command any stage from the local honky-tonk to the Grand Ol' Opry.Two noise-free, highly articulate Vintage Noiseless Tele pickups inhabit the neck and middle positions, flanking the Vintage Noiseless Strat pickup in the middle to create an unbeatable trio. These pickups crank out rich, articulate tone, with the balanced string response, definition and twang you've come to expect from a genuine Fender instrument. Flexible five-way Strat-o-Tone pickup switching unlocks various pickup combinations, providing the perfect sound for any performance. Enjoy increased sustain and slightly thicker tone that complements the famous Tele twang, thanks to the modern six-saddle string-through-body bridge with block saddles. A contoured neck heel and 4-bolt asymmetrical neck plate make it easy to comfortably reach the upper registers of the neck. The flatter 12"-radius fingerboard makes it easy to play fast leads and perform deep bends without fretting out. Locking short-post tuning machines provide increased break angle at the nut for buzz-free playing and enhanced tuning stability, along with quicker string changes. Classic aesthetic touches include nickel/chrome hardware and a three-ply B/W/B or mint green pickguard, along with knurled flat-top control knobs and a black switch tip. A truly versatile performer with flexible sound, player-oriented features and original aesthetics, the Deluxe Nashville Tele merges the best of yesterday and today into a single, affordable design.
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots on Maple, White Pearloid Dots on Pau Ferro
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Telecaster
- Middle Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Noiseless Single-Coil Telecaster
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Standard Strings-Through-Body Tele with Block Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking with Vintage Style Button
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)