Akai Professional introduce the MPC Live II, the next evolutionary step of the MPC Live line. The MPC range has been pivotal in the world of music production, and the Live II looks set to continue this trailblazing legacy.
This outstanding unit boasts everything you'd want in a standalone, professional-grade music production toolkit. Not only does it come with an even bigger selection of effects, functions and features; it's been vastly expanded to be a versatile mobile hardware controller. CV connectivity, advanced multi-channel MIDI capabilities, built-in battery and stereo speakers - all in a single portable enclosure.
- Standalone MPC - no computer required
- Powerful sampler & sequencer
- Built-in stereo monitors
- 6.9" hi-res multi-touch display
- 16 velocity-sensitive RGB pads
- Internal rechargeable battery with up to 5 hours' power
- Phono/line-level inputs
- 3 stereo outputs (or 6 mono)
- 2 x MIDI in, 2 x MIDI out
- Quad-core processor, 2GB ram
- 16GB onboard storage, user-expandable 2.5" SATA connector
- 2 x USB 3.0 connections for sticks or controllers
- 4 x TRS CV jacks (8 outputs in total)
- Wi-fi & bluetooth enabled
- Ableton Link for cross-platform collaboration
- 3-months free access to Splice
Complex Has Never Been This Easy!
Striking the balance between ease of use and number of features is an ongoing struggle in the world of musical equipment. It's evident with the MPC Live II, however, that Akai are at the forefront of innovation.
A crucial element of this intuitive design is MPC 2.8, the built-in DAW. Every feature you'd ever need is right there, simply a flick away, there's really nothing else to it. Expect a near-unparalleled workflow, with amazing real-time editing and a beautiful full-colour 6.9" LED-backlit touch display.
The MPC Live II is also the first MPC unit to feature built-in stereo monitors. Combined with a built-in battery and wi-fi/bluetooth connectivity, it's the perfect mobile production workhorse. Home, studio or on the move, the MPC Live II has got you covered.
MIDI & Hardware Integration
2 x MIDI inputs and outputs allows hassle-free connectivity to your MIDI-compatible hardware. Controllers, desktop synths and more.
With the latest MPC firmware update, MPC MIDI capability has been drastically upgraded. This allows connection to class-compliant MIDI devices via USB, advanced MIDI routing to any compatible gear, and even multitrack recording capabilities. The MPC Live II has the potential to be your new studio hardware centrepiece.
In addition, you get 4 x CV jacks (covering 8 outputs in total) for seamless control of modular hardware. Whether it's a semi-modular synth or a full-blown Eurorack setup, the MPC Live II will fit right in.
In-depth Sampling and Massive Library
The MPC-X boasts a whopping 16GB vault of pre-installed sounds. Out of the box, you're equipped with everything you need to build a track in pretty much any style. This includes samples from F9 Audio and the new Sonic Boom sound set.
It doesn't end there though; you've also got capacity to load up any samples of your own to create fresh sounds. Record them in, load them via USB or even SD card!
Here's What Akai Say About New in MPC 2.9 - Introducing DrumSynth
MPC’s iconic drum sound can’t be disputed, gracing countless productions with the nefarious snap and punch coveted by countless world-class producers. Now with MPC 2.9, MPC arms the production community with a groundbreaking selection of 8 synth engines powering 9 incredible DrumSynth plugins. Packed with must-have contemporary sounds, and backed by powerful sound generators driven by all-new FM synthesis, analogue & physical modelling and sample based algorithms, every synthesised drum sound the modern producer should have at their disposal is here.
DrumSynth empowers MPC users with powerful synthesis, incredible presets and precise sound design sculpting capabilities to develop their own unique sounds. Like all MPC instruments, DrumSynth plugins harness the refined tactile touch user interface for an inspiring, easy-to-use workspace that accelerates workflow and puts the control you demand only a touch away! The 8 engines include Kick, Snare, Clap, Hi-Hat, Crash, Ride, Tom and Percussion. Additionally, all the engines can be accessed in one multi mode instrument for a powerful combination program. Fuse this with built in sound effects including a transient shaper, tuning, EQ, compression, delay, reverb and more, and DrumSynth is poised to supercharge the MPC workflow and elevate your creative process even higher.
- 16 RGB-backlit velocity/pressure-sensitive pads
- 8 banks accessible via Pad Bank buttons
- 360° touch-sensitive Q-Link Knobs
- Q-Link Knob columns accessible via Q-Link button
- 360° encoder for display navigation and selection via push
- 27 dedicated function buttons; red, amber, or green backlit
- Full-colour 6.9" LED-backlit display with touch interface
- Processor: Quad-core ARM processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB, expandable via SATA connections
- 2 x 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (1 stereo pair)
- 6 x 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (3 stereo pairs)
- 1 x 1/4” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
- 2 x RCA inputs (1 stereo pair)
- 2 x 5-pin MIDI inputs
- 2 x 5-pin MIDI outputs
- 4 x Stereo CV/Gate outputs
- 1 x Ethernet link port
- 2 x USB Type-A ports
- 1 x USB Type-B port
- 1 x SD card slot
- 1 x power adapter input
- Power adapter: 19 V, 3.42 A, centre-positive, included
- Battery: lithium-ion, rechargeable, up to 5 hours of battery life
Dimensions & weight
- Width x depth x height: 16.2” x 9.6” x 1.8” / 411.5 x 243.8 x 45.7mm
- Weight: 7.45 lb