Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Help Centre.
Duff McKagan is one of the most significant rock bassists of the last 30+ years. Renowned for his work with Guns N' Roses, Fender has collaborated with the Seattle-born rocker to launch a signature Deluxe Precision Bass.
Heavily based (no pun intended) on the '80s Jazz Bass Special McKagan used to record Guns N' Roses' breakthrough album, Appetite for Destruction, his elegant-looking signature bass guitar is hot-rodded with a number of modern features to meet his demands and those of contemporary-minded bass players.
Classic Fender Construction
Fender has relied on its customary tonewood combinations for the Duff McKagan signature Deluxe Precision Bass. Sporting an Alder body, this balanced-sounding material ensures robust lows, lively mids and crisp highs - a great tonal foundation for the powerful pickup pairing.
The instrument's Alder body is joined with a black-painted "Modern C"-shaped Maple neck, bringing out more presence for a crisp tone when playing finger-style, slap or with a plectrum. The sleek Rosewood fingerboard adds some crucial lower mid-range warmth and provides a silky-smooth touch under the fingers, while the classy white pearloid block inlays will always guide your playing.
Punchy P/J Pickup Configuration
Duff’s signature sound comes from pairing a Fender vintage-style Precision Bass split-coil pickup with a punchy Seymour Duncan STKJ2B Jazz Bass single-coil bridge pickup. Giving you the rounded thump of a traditional P-Bass mixed with the clarity of a Jazz Bass, the Fender Duff McKagan signature model covers a lot of ground. Its thunderous tone can also be shaped precisely via the Fender TBX (Treble/Bass Expander) tone circuit.
Hipshot Bass Xtender
One of the Fender Duff McKagan Deluxe Precision Bass' coolest features is its Hipshot Bass Xtender. A must-have for live performance, this device allows you to instantly detune the lowest string by a whole step at just the flick of a lever. Drop D tuning has never been easier!
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Black Painted Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan STKJ2B Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master TBX Tone Control
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Fender '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear with Hipshot Bass Xtender "Drop D" on the E String
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top Black