T-Rex is a small company with big ideas; based in Denmark, they've produced some of the most popular (and eye-catching) guitar pedals in the world. For 2018, they've reissued some of their earliest trailblazing effects in the form of hand-built stompboxes that sound every bit as luscious as you can imagine!
The Alberta Danish Overdrive
The Alberta is a low-gain overdrive, designed to add just the right amount of bluesy sizzle to your sound! It'll add heaps of character to your tone, working just as well as a colourful boost as a dedicated overdrive.
This pedal, affectionately known as 'the blue one', will deliver truly spanky SRV-style tone with minimal effort. The tone has been sculpted with a gain down/level up configuration in mind - your leads will sing with stunning detail and your rhythm parts will ooze harmonic richness.
- Handbuilt in Denmark
- True bypass
- Reproduction of the original Alberta circuit
- Selected parts match or surpass the old ones in quality/sound
Here's what T-Rex have to say about the Alberta:
This pedal is a reissue of one of the very first stompbox series made by T-Rex. Handmade in Vejle, Denmark using local suppliers and “local” employees such as family members and friends of T-Rex founders Lars and Sebastian. Yes, the old, sought-after Mudhoneys, Albertas and Tremsters were made in a smokey, low-key environment filled with passion and late-night soldering. We´re talking small scale, big expectations, here. The reissue pedals use the same leaded components and parts as the old ones, but are wave soldered for higher precision and quality. The bypass circuit has been changed to a true bypass design, but other than that, it´s just like the old days. We even stuck in some resistor values that were “slightly off the mark” but contributed to the sound in a very positive way.
We are very proud to give re-birth to these three classics in “the right way” by doing the work ourselves in Vejle, Denmark. We hope they will keep the legacy of our red, blue and yellow “babies” alive while giving players a second chance for owning one of them.
- Gain: Adjusts the amount of overdrive
- Tone: Adjusts the high/treble frequencies
- Level: Adjusts the output level
- Input impedance 500 K Ohm
- Output impedance 1 K Ohm
- Power supply 9 VDC . 2,1 mm barrel plug .
- Current draw @ 9 VDC 7 mA
- Maximum input signal Vp-p 3.2 Vp-p
- Battery type / Battery life 9 V battery 6F22 / 12-16 hours
- External connectors Input jack, Output jack, 9 VDC Jack
- Controls On/Off, Level, Gain, Tone
- Unit size and weight (W x H x D) 100 x 55 x 120 mm / 3.9 x 2.2 x 4.7 in
- 0.345 kg / 12.2 oz