SolidGoldFX 76 MkII Multi-Voiced Silicon Octave-Up Fuzz Pedal
Here's what SolidGoldFX say about the 76 MkII
While the Western world was preoccupied with smooth and soulful Fuzz Faces and Muffs, the Orient was bubbling up with gnarly mystical fuzzes, heavily imparted with earthshaking Godzilla DNA. This very distinct era in fuzz history gave us many treasures that have been rightfully crowned fuzz legends: the Univox Super Fuzz, Ibanez Standard Fuzz, Ace Tone Fuzz Master, Shin-Ei Companion and several others.
Just like its predecessor, the SolidGoldFX 76 MKII offers up a comprehensive guided tour to the best that the Standard Fuzz and its ilk has to offer without any of the drawbacks. On face value, the improved 76 MKII gives you a multi-voiced fuzz unit that offers loads of octave-up snarl and clang, at the same time as ruthlessly pummelling your amp with hair and fangs, while the top mounted jacks and new JFET Preamp stage all helps to make the pedal easily fit into any modern setup.
Armed with a JFET input and built around a specific set of Toshiba transistors, the 76 MKII’s dual Texture and Color tone controls allow you to precisely sculpt your fuzz while the octave switch allows you to dial back the octaves and overtones for a smoother finish.
All of this translates to a surprisingly varied and delicious fuzz feast, with everything from stabby robotic clangs, synthetic soaring leads, absolutely crushing doom chords as well as more warm and enveloping drives just a single stomp away.
Topped off with silent, soft touch true bypass switching and top jacks, the 76 MKII is everything you need if you’re looking for a musical yet powerful fuzz capable of levelling Tokyo! Here’s to the new Standard Fuzz.
- Level: Allows you to boost or cut your volume level.
- Fuzz: Turning Fuzz up ranges from a little crunch to more gain than you could ever want.
- Texture: This control adjusts the mid frequency - from a deep scoop to a mid-range grind.
- Color: This controls a mild Low Pass Filter on the output of the fuzz to round off some highs and further sculpt the tone. Turn it CCW for darker tones an CW for brighter ones.
- Octave Switch: Toggle this switch down for octaves and overtones or up for more conventional fuzz tones.
- Silicon Octave Fuzz pedal
- Inspired by the Ibanez Standard Fuzz circuit - for maximum fuzz awesomeness
- Uses a JFET Preamp stage and a quartet of high-gain Toshiba transistors (new)
- Octave bypass switch - intended to tame the wild
- Dual independent Texture and Color tone stacks for precision audio sculpting - Color toggle switch for switching between three different frequency ranges from scooped to full frequency fuzz tones, Texture control sweeps the mid-range for many flavours of Fuzz
- Soft-touch True bypass switching and top-mounted jacks (new)
- Made in Montreal, Canada
- Powered by 9V DC PSU (centre -, 2,1 mm, 10 mA current draw)
Mr Dennis Heidler3rd Jan 2023
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+