The Rode NT1-A has exceptionally low self-noise, a great sound and an even better price. Superb on vocals, acoustic instruments or amps, it's a highly versatile microphone.
And now, one of the world's most popular budget vocal recording microphones has just become even better value for money! Now you get everything you need to start recording vocals - including a high quality mic, pop shield, shockmount, and a 6m XLR cable. If that wasn't enough, Rode even chuck in a DVD with studio secrets from Peter Freedmann.
If you've been struggling to get that professional sounding vocal, chances are that you've been suffering from common auditory problems. These can range from the limited high frequency range of most dynamic mics, wind blasts on plosive sounds like "B" and "P", the creaks of your floorboards, or even the singer's tapping feet getting picked up on the mic. With this kit, (for less than the price of most condenser mics), you'll get everything you need to eliminate these problems and take your vocal recordings to the next level!
Here's what Rode says about the NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording Solution:
The RODE NT1-A Microphone is a redesigned version of RODEs classic NT-1, with only a 5dBA of self-noise. The RODE NT1-A is one of the world's quietest mics. Multi award winning and the world's biggest selling studio mic, the NT1 is now a legend.
The NT1-A continues this tradition while improving specifications and tonal qualities. Using cutting edge technology for electronics, RODE has implemented a computer controlled manufacturing line. Unlike many 'leading brands' all electronic boards are made without 'human hands' assuring high specifications, tight tolerances and unsurpassed consistency. It's built to last with a new computer controlled machine process. The body is then satin nickel-plated. Each NT1-A is supplied with a NTSM shock mount and zip pouch. This product is also available as a Matching Pair. See Related Products.
The NT1-A is designed to last you a lifetime.
- Acoustic Principle: Externally polarised 25 mm (1") condenser
- Active Electronics: JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Pickup Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms
- Sensitivity: -31.9 dB re 1volt/pascal (25 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB
- Equivalent Noise: 5 dBA SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum Output: + 13.7dBu (@ 1% THD into 1k ohms)
- Dynamic Range: 132 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL: 137 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 K ohms)
- Signal/Noise: > 88 dB (1kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Power Requirements: Phantom P48, P24
- Carton Quantity: 8
- Carton Dimensions: 55 x 35.5 x 44.5