The Newporter Classic delivers a bold sound and blends it with an equally striking, single-cutaway look.
The uniquely designed, mid-sized body is characterised by a detailed, well-balanced volume and an excellent level of articulation. It's crafted from a solid mahogany back and sides that's complimented by a solid sitka spruce top. A lightweight mahogany neck - with a slim-taper C-shaped profile - ensures that it sits comfortably in your hand and is incredibly easy to play. You'll be able to move smoothly and accurately along it. This all contributes to a guitar that's built for performance. To finish things off, the entire body is fully-painted in a range of smart, rich colours. You're guaranteed to stand out from both a visual and auditory perspective.
The high-quality build doesn't stop with the aforementioned woods, though. Bracing has been enhanced, benefitting resonance, while leading to a smaller mass. An improved bone nut and saddle adds to this, with a noticeable amount of sustain now present.
Fender and Fishman even collaborated on a preamp system here that's been designed especially for the Newporter's unique body shape. When you plug into an amp, you'll find that the tone remains true to the guitars natural voice.
- Series: California Series
- Body Shape: Newporter
- Body Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Poly
- Rosette: Koa
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 15.75” (400 mm)
- Frets: 20
- Position Inlays: Maple Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.69” (43 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Sealed Nickel
- Scale Length: 25.6” (650 mm)
- Bridge: Modern Viking
- Pickguard: None
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Strings: Fender® Dura-Tone® Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)
- Gig Bag: FA-620 Deluxe Gig Bag