Epiphone Electar Century Lap Steel
The Epiphone Electar Century Lapsteel may not be the first instrument you think of when someone says Epiphone. For some however the original Epiphone Electar was the go to lap steel of the time. Now they are bringing back an inspired by series based on the 1939 century lap steel that has great build quality at a great price.
This lapsteel is made to last with a Mahogany body and neck along with a Plexiglass fingerboard for super smooth action and playability. The underside has even been covered in grip pad that sits across your legs so you can sit comfortably without having to worry about the lap steel falling to the floor.
Epiphone Blade Pickup
The problem with using conventional humbuckers with pole pieces on a guitar like this is how much the strings move. While open it may sound great, once you hit it with a slide the level may change drastically. That is why Epiphone chose to load a blade humbucker on to this guitar for a much more even sound across all of the strings.
Here's what Epiphone say about the Electar Century Lap steel
Epiphone presents the Electar Inspired by "1939" Century Lap Steel Outfit, a one of a kind reissue of the Art Deco styled Hawaiian lap steel guitar originally designed by Herb Sunshine, Epiphone's legendary salesman, electronics developer, and a good friend of founder Epi Stathopoulo.
Herb Sunshine was one of Epi Stathopoulo's key employees at the "House of Stathopoulo" headquarters in New York and helped to inspire Epiphone to become the leading name in affordable professional instruments.
"Epi's father had brought over their Greek traditions from the old country and Epi was just carrying on where the old man had left off. They had terrific pride. Epi personally examined every guitar and banjo," Sunshine told Epiphone historian Jim Fisch "We called electric guitars and amplifiers "Electar" which is a name I coined."
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Square
- Scale Length: 22.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Plexiglass
- Fingerboard Design: Traditional "1939" Art Deco Replica
- Headstock: Traditional with vintage-style metal "Epiphone" badge
- Frets: 28
- Strings: 6
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 500B "Blade" Humbucker
- Controls: Master Volume
- Master Tone
- Knobs: Vintage "Circus Tent" knobs
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Aluminum with nickel-plated steel cover
- Nut: Aluminum; Raised
- Nut Width: 2.5"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Binding: None
- Machine Heads: "Deluxe" 3-in-Line with Ivory Colored Buttons
- Back: Inset Non-Slip Rubber Pad on body and neck
- Includes: Deluxe Gigbag
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
Next Delivery Due: Unknown
Not currently in stock. We have ordered stock of this item.
- Order now & we will ship to you as soon as we receive stock.
More Stock Arriving Soon
- Estimated arrival date: Unknown
- Please note this date is subject to change
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery