A true Fender classic, this '68 Custom Twin Reverb amplifier from Fender draws from the most authentic, original Fender tones. The well-known 'Silverface' panel represents an era where Fender amps were a staple; they were the go-to tube amp for performers and studios throughout the rock 'n' roll world.
The '68 Custom Twin Reverb features two 12" Celestion speakers - with reverb and tremolo on both the 'Custom' and 'Vintage' channels. This amplifier is one of the original Fender Twins, and as soon as you plug in, you know you're in for absolute Fender heaven. With huge, room-shaking, bass-lathered cleans, this amp is a tonal powerhouse.
'68 was an important year for the amp arm of the Fender brand. Their respective looks were completely overhauled, in this amps case, receiving an aluminium grille cloth trim and a silver/turquoise front panel. Adding to this a trademark deep, clear, punchy tube tone (augmented by Fender's highly regarded vibrato and reverb effects) and you've got an amp that's since become one of the top choices for those searching for that iconic Fender sound.
The amp pays homage to the style and sound of the 'Silverface' models that were popular in the late '60s. You'll find a number of unique twists here too though. Each channel is equipped with reverb and tremolo, opening up a whole host of new creative possibilities. You'll also notice a lower level of negative feedback (improving touch sensitivity) and a faster gain onset. Not to mention the 'Custom' channel and its altered Bassman tone stack - delivering even more tonal options when working alongside your pedals.
- Model Name: '68 Custom Twin Reverb
- Series: Vintage Modified
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Controls: Custom Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass. Vintage Channel: Bright Switch, Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity
- Wattage: 85 Watts into 4 Ohms
- Inputs: Four - (1/4", Two Custom and Two Vintage)
- Speaker Jack: Two 1/4" Parallel
- Channels: Two - (Custom and Vintage)
- Pilot Light Jewel: Blue Jewel
- Handle: Moulded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Tilt Back Legs: Includes Tilt-Back Legs
- Front Panel: Silverface Style
- Grill Cover: Black Textured Vinyl Covering with Silver-Turquiose Grille Cloth
- Amplifier Depth: 10.375" (21.9 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 26.15" (66.4 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 19.87" (50.46 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 64 lbs. (29 kg)
- Effects: Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: Two - 12" Celestion G12V-70
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Pre Amp Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 12AX7), (2 X 12AT7)
- Power Tubes: Groove Tubes - (4 x 6L6)
- Unique Features: Modified Twin Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels, "Vintage" channel for traditional silverface tonality, modified "Custom" channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo ("vibrato"), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, five-year warranty (United States and Canada; other territories may vary).
- FootSwitch: 2-Button Footswitch Included
- Knobs: Vintage-Style Skirted Black Plastic
- Cover: Fitted Cover Included