The Blues Junior is one of Fenders most-loved amps and his been for a long time now. This 15w combo can be heard on countless records and is an all-valve amp that can do it all.
It's got enough clean headroom to take pedals really well but it can also be cranked to get a stunning saturated and gritty overdrive sound. If you turn the Master control down and the Volume control up you'll push the preamp tubes harder and reduce the overall volume causing your signal to compress and give you that sought-after bluesy tone.
- Fender have improved the preamp circuit to give you a more dynamic and richer tonal response. This may sound like achieving the impossible but they've simply improved on an already amazing formula.
- The new Celestion A-type 12" speaker has a well-rounded response with smooth highs, laid-back midrange and fat lows. This is one of the major upgrades that Fender users have been crying out for, especially on a Blues Junior.
- A new improved Reverb circuit to give you smoother, richer Reverb tones, no matter how loud you have the verb dialled in.
- Subtle cosmetic upgrades that still retain that classic Fender look.
Here's what Fender say about the Blues Junior IV
One of the most-beloved small combo amps in the world, the Blues Junior IV adds modified preamp circuitry, smoother-sounding spring reverb and improved aesthetics that any player is sure to appreciate. A 15-watt favorite in any setting, this amp is ideal for guitarists who need to hit the stage or studio at a moment's notice with warm tone and versatile features.
The Blues Junior IV includes a 12" Celestion® A-Type speaker for well-balanced output with smooth highs, laidback midrange and full, round lows. The modified preamp circuitry has increased fullness, with greater definition and clarity. The onboard spring reverb has been modified to add smoothness, so you still get rich, shimmering tone, no matter how much reverb you use.
The updated aesthetics include improved control panel texture and graphics, ivory pointer knobs, steel-reinforced strap handle and lightly-aged silver grille cloth, giving it the unmistakable look and vibe you can only get from a Fender amp. Reliable, flexible and pedal-friendly, the Blues Junior IV is an ideal addition to any electric guitarist’s amp collection.
- Series: Hot Rod
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Height: 16” (40.6 cm)
- Width: 18” (45.72 cm)
- Depth: 9.18” (23.31 cm)
- Weight: 31.5 lbs (14.3 kg)
- Speaker: One - 12” Celestion® A-Type
- Inputs: One - 1/4”
- Channels: One
- Controls: Reverb, Master, Middle, Bass, Treble, “Fat” Switch, Volume
- Effects: Reverb
- Wattage: 15 Watts
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x EL84
- Cabinet Material: 3/4” Particle Board
- Amplifier Covering: Black Textured Vinyl
- Grille Cloth: Lightly-Aged Silver
- Handle: Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Knobs: Chicken-Head Style Pointer - Ivory
- Control Panel: Black
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Jewel