Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our Help Centre.
The Fender Bassman sits alongside the Twin as the most iconic amplifers made by one of the most iconic amp builders ever! It was originally released (in the now 'classic' 4x10) in 1955 as a bass amplifier (hence the name!) but guitarists started experimenting with the Fender Bassman impressed by its punchy sound and huge sound. This reissue of the 1959 Fender Bassman has a sound that's similar other Fender Tweed Tube amps but with extra volume and headroom (45w) and a huge punchy immediate sound. It's great for Rock, Pop, Country, Soul and thanks to the extra 'bass amp' depth can even be used for warm, earthy rounded Jazz and laid back Soul tones. Two channels (bright and normal) are controlled by the simplest of controls: Bass, Mid, Treble and Volume. That lets you do the talking with your playing dynamics and pick attack giving you a tone that's as expressive as you are.
If you want to go back to basics with an amp that's no frills but all tone, look no further than the Fender 59 Bassman
Here's what Fender say about the '59 Bassman LTD
In early 1952, the Fender Bassman amplified a great new invention - the Fender Precision Bass guitar. At 50 watts, it competed easily with the common instrumentation of the day: horns, piano, small drum kit, and maybe even an electric guitar through a new 10-watt amp. Through the '60s and '70s, the original all-tube tweed 4x10" Bassman was popular with rock, country and blues guitarists as a reliably great-sounding and easy-to-use guitar amp. In the '90s, Fender released an affordable '59 Bassman reissue amplifier to great acclaim. Many guitarists, tired of experimenting with preamps, equalizers and effects racks, rediscovered the simple pleasure of plugging into a Fender tube amp. The reissue Bassman's wide stage coverage, touch-sensitive dynamics and full-frequency swirl make it perfect for building great tone with almost any guitar or effect, and it remains a staple of the Fender guitar amp line to this day.
- Model Name: '59 Bassman LTD
- Series: Vintage Reissue
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Color / Part #: Lacquered Tweed 217-1000-010
- Inputs: 4 Inputs (2 per Channel)
- Channels: Two Channels (Normal and Bright)
- Power Handling: 45 Watts into 2 Ohms
- Rectifier: 5AR4 Rectifier Tube
- Controls: Presence, Middle, Bass, Treble, Volume (Bright Channel), Volume (Normal Channel)
- Cabinet Material: Solid Finger-Jointed Pine Cabinet
- Pilot Light Jewel: Red Amp Jewel
- Handle: "Dog Bone" handle
- Front Panel: Chrome Front Panel
- Amplifier Length: 10.5" (26.7 cm)
- Amplifier Width: 23.5" (59.7 cm)
- Amplifier Height: 22.37" (56.81 cm)
- Amplifier Weight: 53 lbs. (24 kg)
- Speaker: 4-10" Jensen P-10R, 8 Ohm Speakers with Alnico Magnets
- Speaker Impedance: 2 Ohms
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 2 x 6L6
- Unique Features: Chrome Control Panel, Solid Finger-Jointed Pine Cabinet, 6L6-GE Output Tubes, Improved 12AX7 Preamp Tubes, Original Spec 5AR4 Rectifier Tube, Internal Bias Pot (Makes it Easier to Experiment with Various Output Tubes), Fitted Cover is Included, Controls That Go to 12, 4 Inputs (2 per Channel), Standby Switch
- Knobs: Chicken head-style amp knobs
- Accessories: Amp Cover included.
- Cover: Amp Cover Included