Please Note: The Boss Katana Mini does not come with a mains power supply, the recommended power supply is the Roland PSB-1U.
The Boss Katana Mini has taken the practice amp world by storm. It may be small in stature but this amp is not a toy as it kicks out way more low-end than you might think.
It gives 7w of power through a 4" speaker however that speaker has been optimised for the guitar so that you avoid thin, tinny guitar sounds.
3-Channels & Delay
Most small practice amps will have a 2-channels that are barely useable. The Katana mini has 3 stunning channels that give you a lovely clean, a hearty overdrive and the all-out Brown Sound for mega gain. That means you can practice any style of music from Jazz to Heavy Metal if you wanted to.
The addition of a basic delay is what makes this amp is nifty to practice with. It gives your tone a little bit more space and makes it that much more pleasing to the ear - especially when you're practicing those Van Halen runs on the Brown channel.
From Home To Hotel
The Katana Mini is small enough to keep at home without taking up much space or to throw in the back of your car on your next trip. Take it the hotel or your holiday destination and ensure that you'll always have great tones on the road to practice with. Did I mention that it can be powered by 6x AA batteries OR a power supply at the wall?
Cab Sim Output
Not only have Boss created a little amp that sounds great in the room but it also has a cabinet simulated output which means you can plug it directly into a recording interface and get great recording tones. The Cab Sim emulation is voiced with a bigger sounding cabinet so it'll sound huge when plugged in!
- Rated Power Output:7W
- Speaker: 10 cm (4 inches)
- POWER switch
- TYPE switch
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- DELAY TIME knob
- DELAY LEVEL knob
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- PHONES/REC OUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 6 or AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Battery Life: Approx. 7-10 Hours
- Power Supply: Roland PSB-1U (sold separately)
- Current Draw: 350 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline battery: Approximately 7 hours, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approximately 9 hours (When using batteries having a capacity of 2500 mAh.) * This can vary depending on the capacity of the batteries and the conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
Size and Weight
- Width: 230 mm, 9-1/16 inches
- Depth: 116 mm, 4-5/8 inches
- Height: 181 mm, 7-1/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 1.2 kg, 2 lbs 11 oz