The Fender Player Series offers legendary Fender design, classic wood combinations and instantly recognisable tone, but at a wallet-friendly price point. Fender have made a number of tweaks to take these instruments up a notch - expect timeless Fender sound and feel, but with modern playability and workhorse reliability to boot!
Body & Neck
They’ve opted for an Alder body for the Player Series Telecaster. Known for being simultaneously lightweight and tonally resonant, it's balanced in every sense of the word. Its sound is often described as rich, with some emphasis on upper-midrange brightness.
Then there's the other classic Tele tonewood: Maple. Known for its density, varied grain pattern and snappy tone, it perfectly complements the Alder used for the body. The one-piece design means your fretboard surface is the same as the neck, providing plenty of attack and even, comfortable navigation of the 22-fret range, complete with rounded edges.
Hardware & Electronics
Fender have loaded this Player Series Tele with Custom Shop '51 Nocaster pickups. These period-correct pickups have a tight low end with clear midrange – the result is an unbelievably authentic classic tone that has to be heard to be believed.
The bridge isn't quite the classic Tele configuration; rather than the old-school 3-saddle design, the 6-saddle design with block steel saddles offers greater tuning stability and arguably better resonance in the body. Though it plays a small part, it ultimately contributes to an instrument that's designed to be played night after night and consistently deliver.
Top it off with Standard Cast Fender tuners, a 3-ply scratchplate and classic knurled flat-top controls, all in a glorious chrome finish, and you've got an instrument that can take anything you throw at it - a Fender Telecaster through and through!
- Series: Player
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650” (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Tele with Block Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Pickups: Fender '51 Nocaster Pickups
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome