Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Gibson's Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Standard Reissue is not just a tribute to the priceless original models — it's an exact clone of them. From laser-scanned dimensions to chemically-recreated plastics and colour-matched shades of sunburst; every element has been rendered in unbelievable detail.
It represents the culmination of decades of work by the Custom Shop's expert team — a tireless quest to bring accuracy and authenticity to the hands of fans. This guitar is the definition of cool, and it's the best representation of the 1959 Les Paul Standard since the Gibson Custom Shop began making Historic Reissues over 25 years ago.
The Murphy Lab 'Light Aged' finish treatment, paired with lightly aged hardware, simulates decades of playing wear — giving it the unique character, vibe and feel of an original example from Gibson's "Golden Era".
- Shape: Les Paul
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Back: 1-Piece Lightweight Mahogany
- Binding: 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer, Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Historic Medium-Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Inlays: Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Joint: Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Knobs: Gold Butyrate Top Hats
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Plating: Nickel, Murphy Lab Light Aged
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico 3 (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings: 10-46
- Case: Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity, Mounted Custom Shop Switch Plate Medallion, Reissue Switch Backplate in Case