Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
Here’s What Gretsch Say About the G6129T-89VS Vintage Select ‘89 Sparkle Jet
Our all-new G6129T-89VS Vintage Select ’89 Sparkle Jet™ with Bigsby® pays homage to a classic late-’80s design that rocked the forefront of the Pacific Northwest grunge movement that overtook the music world in the early 1990s.
Delivering signature solid-body power and punch, the G6129T-89VS features period-correct chambered mahogany construction, which magnifies harmonic richness by letting air resonate between the top and body for livelier and more articulate tone. TV Jones® TV Classic™ Plus bridge and TV Classic neck pickups replicate that unmistakable vintage Filter’Tron™ sound to fabulous sonic effect, and can be intuitively commanded using a versatile control layout featuring master volume with treble bleed circuit, master tone, individual pickup volume controls and three-way pickup toggle switch.
Other features include a maple set neck, 12”-radius rosewood fingerboard with pearloid Hump Block inlays, bone nut, G-arrow knobs, Bigsby® vibrato tailpiece, Adjusto-Matic™ bridge with pinned rosewood base and Gotoh® tuners.
This grunge-era beauty comes in Gold Sparkle or Silver Sparkle finishes with silver pickguard, nickel hardware and late-’80s black headstock with Gretsch logo and horseshoe inlay.
- Collection: Professional
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.5” (267 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.5” (343 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219.08 mm)
- Neck: Maple, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Hump Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™ with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B3C Vibrato Tailpiece with Gretsch® Logo
- Pickguard: Silver Plexi with Silver Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: TV Jones® TV Classic™ Plus (Bridge), TV Jones® TV Classic™ (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Case/Gig Bag: Included G6238 Gretsch® Deluxe Solid Body Hardshell